No announcement yet.

A Dealer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words, but I never sold any guitars in the classified section... just one amp and that was several years ago!

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Thats correct. Its for you to decide. When did I ever make a decision around here in my 12K+ posts??
    I am just stating my opinion in this open forum atmosphere.
    Regarding Matt, he is a good guy from what I have heard and he is our main sponsor so I don't want to get off track.

Bottom line.. for me.. IMHO!!!!..... if a person works for a music store or buys, sells or trades guitars as a part time or full time business they should come clean about it and stop with the comments when they list gear in the classifieds like:
    having gas
    thinning the heard
    making room
    financially strapped
    change of heart

Instead they should say:
    I buy, sell and trade guitars as either a part time or full time venture or..
    I work at a music store and I come across great deals every day... here is one of them.
    Those people should be in the dealer section.. not the classifieds section.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Thats correct. Its for you to decide. When did I ever make a decision around here in my 12K+ posts??
      I am just stating my opinion in this open forum atmosphere.
      Regarding Matt, he is a good guy from what I have heard and he is our main sponsor so I don't want to get off track.

Bottom line.. for me.. IMHO!!!!..... if a person works for a music store or buys, sells or trades guitars as a part time or full time business they should come clean about it and stop with the comments when they list gear in the classifieds like:
      having gas
      thinning the heard
      making room
      financially strapped
      change of heart

Instead they should say:
      I buy, sell and trade guitars as either a part time or full time venture or..
      I work at a music store and I come across great deals every day... here is one of them.
      Those people should be in the dealer section.. not the classifieds section.
      If a dealer has a personal guitar he has every right to post it in there. Just because they own a store shouldn't stop them from selling and trading their own personal gear. They may be dealers but they are also contributing members.

with the amount of gear that you bought and flipped in the past we could have certainly suspected you of being a dealer. We never did, so why can't you give them the same respect
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

BTW John ..

Wouldn't this have been better if you had just asked an admin instead of putting that member on notice? It's pretty obvious who you were talking about and that particular person has been nothing but an honest upstanding member here.

Is there a deeper issue that we aren't aware of?
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
          That had in fact happened. IE someone pms the seller and the seller gives him a price and he agrees and askes the seller to hold it for a few days. Someone else comes along so the seller give a higher price and sells it to them for more..

Comment

Hey ~K~ I want to be a platinum member but I canceled my paypal, can I just send a money order? will you PM me with an address please?

As far as selling guitars I think it would be cool to give the JCF members the 1st shot at buying a guitar before it went to eBay or craigslist. Whether someone is a dealer or just a member makes no difference to me. If someone like (Matt for instance) has a guitar that I want. I dont care if it is his personal guitar or one from his store, I just want the guitar.

Now I'm going to shut up before someone hits me with a brick

Comment

i dunno...posting a price helps me decide if i can afford something or not...back in the day when i posted a few guits in the classifieds i always put the price...i live a cash on hand existence these days and am not one for emailing for a price...guess i'm old school but i follow the "if i have to ask i probably can't afford it" school...just my .02 tho...as for dealers posting as regular players?...can't say i have run across this yet...however if i were a paying dealer on this board like piney hills i think i would be more than a little upset by it...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                posting a price helps me decide if i can afford something or not
                I agree 100%. Selling on a forum is just that - selling - there should always be a price with the listing.
                If you want to take bids, go to Ebay.
                You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                --horns666 - 12/29/08
                I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

BTW John ..

Wouldn't this have been better if you had just asked an admin instead of putting that member on notice? It's pretty obvious who you were talking about and that particular person has been nothing but an honest upstanding member here.

I've brought up this topic in private to the admins a few times in the past.
                  I just don't like dealers posing as players who are thinning the herd.

I'll drop it. There.. dropped.

Comment

BTW John ..

Last I checked, a forum is where we air out our concerns, opinions, intrests, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe there is a deeper issue we aren't aware of by your prodding of jg on this subject...

I for one am glad he brought this subject up as I had the same thoughts here lately.

Just to get in another one of my displeasures over the whole "platinum" deal. There are quite a few members who posted ads in the classified that were "free to good home" ads. How many of those have we seen since the platinum member change?
                    Last edited by Razor; 09-27-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I've brought up this topic in private to the admins a few times in the past.
                      I just don't like dealers posing as players who are thinning the herd.

I'll drop it. There.. dropped.

When you become a platinum member, then you can have an opinion on the subject. At least the people posting pay to be in there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Last I checked, a forum is where we air out our concerns, opinions, intrests, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe there is a deeper issue we aren't aware of by your prodding of jg on this subject...

I for one am glad he brought this subject up as I had the same thoughts here lately.

Just to get in another one of my displeasures over the whole "platinum" deal. There are quite a few members who posted ads in the classified that were "free to good home" ads. How many of those have we seen since the platinum member change?
                        There are several problems with your theory.

1) He's basically calling out a good standing member.

By posting as he did in the manner he did mentioning a specific ad he is calling out that person. This could start a shit storm over something that wasn't really a big deal

2) He's bitching about a policy in an area that those people payed to use. He hasn't ponied up any money to use it but he reserves the right to complain about it. Does that really make sense? It's kind of like complaining about politics without registering to vote...

3) For a long time JG was one of the biggest flippers on this board. It ended up being a joke with the members that he would buy a piece of equipment and flip it inside of a week. So, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

Sorry you feel "displeasure" over the platinum area. Just to point something out; this forum isn't intended to be a bitch fest it is intended to discuss off topic things. Calling a particular member out IMHO is nothing but causing trouble. So you don't like the idea of the platinum area... what it sounds like is that your upset that you don't get something for "nothing".

My biggest issue is the fact that this calls another upstanding member out by complaining about the quantity of his sales. He is complaining about an area that he isn't even a member of ...

Comment

From what I understand, Pebber has quite a collection... I know hes had alot of those guitars for quite a while now. I remember jonesing over that blue SD era Rhoads he has a good while ago.

IMHO, a flipper is someone who buys a guitar then sells/parts it shortly there after for a profit. I doubt hes a dealer as well... A dealer that holds onto guitars for years and then sells them for an average price wouldnt really be considered a good businessman if you ask me.

I wont buy from flippers for shear principle on my part... good deal or not.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There are several problems with your theory.

1) He's basically calling out a good standing member.

By posting as he did in the manner he did mentioning a specific ad he is calling out that person. This could start a shit storm over something that wasn't really a big deal

2) He's bitching about a policy in an area that those people payed to use. He hasn't ponied up any money to use it but he reserves the right to complain about it. Does that really make sense? It's kind of like complaining about politics without registering to vote...

3) For a long time JG was one of the biggest flippers on this board. It ended up being a joke with the members that he would buy a piece of equipment and flip it inside of a week. So, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

Sorry you feel "displeasure" over the platinum area. Just to point something out; this forum isn't intended to be a bitch fest it is intended to discuss off topic things. Calling a particular member out IMHO is nothing but causing trouble. So you don't like the idea of the platinum area... what it sounds like is that your upset that you don't get something for "nothing".

My biggest issue is the fact that this calls another upstanding member out by complaining about the quantity of his sales. He is complaining about an area that he isn't even a member of ...
                            Try this K..... go into the search function and type in "the good standing member" screen name and then click the option to search posts started by him.
                            There are 14 pages of him selling guitars in the classifieds.
                            The latest one is 25 guitars at one time.
                            How can you possibly compare that to my past activity? Its not even close. I went through alot of guitars and amps in a search for the tone I was looking for. I found that tone and the guitars almost 2 years ago and since I am a REAL musician I don't have the need to flip my major equipment anymore.
                            I am not a platinum member because I didn't like the way the classifieds was changed in the beginning when we weren't allowed to post responses. Call it a little personal boycott. I really didn't know I could respond until yesterday when Toejam informed me.

Comment

having gas
                              thinning the heard
                              making room
                              financially strapped
                              change of heart
                              it's not my job anymore to care about who's a dealer and who isn't, but fuckin' hell, most of your classified ads were for the reasons you posted.

just sayin is all.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This community used to have a we're all in it together family feel. Now, we're segregated into members who pay, and members who don't? Is the concensus that those that don't pay should not have an opinion on areas they haven't paid to see/post in? If so, then this board has taken another step backwards IMHO.

If you don't want to hear the bleatings from the lowly non paying members then I would suggest that only platinum members be allowed to view/post in the classifieds. Then we won't have to worry about having an opinion on something we don't pay for.

Comment

Working...
                                X