No announcement yet.

A Dealer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a pole is in order. To price or not to price. I know where my vote would be. I hate ads with no prices. Not just here but in general, craigslist, etc.

Comment

What constitutes a REAL musician? Just wanna make sure I'm not a dealer, I mean I've only ever sold one guitar, but I have many. Should probably call my house a shop and pay tax on all this stock I've built up.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        This community used to have a we're all in it together family feel. Now, we're segregated into members who pay, and members who don't? Is the concensus that those that don't pay should not have an opinion on areas they haven't paid to see/post in? If so, then this board has taken another step backwards IMHO.

If you don't want to hear the bleatings from the lowly non paying members then I would suggest that only platinum members be allowed to view/post in the classifieds. Then we won't have to worry about having an opinion on something we don't pay for.
        You missed the bus on my point. Your argument is weak and lame. You're complaining that people aren't posting "Free" things anymore. That comes across as being an oppurtunist. You're saying that this whole thing sucks because you have been unable to score FREE gear.... I'm not sure I value that as a legitimate argument.

As far as this particular thread goes. It can only be construed as a member looking to start trouble imo. My issue with this is that we have someone who is a non platinum member complaining about policy for a platinum member. Does that really make sense?

Beyond that if pebber were to come in here and see your JG's post do you think he'd take offense to this thread considering it's about him? This post wreaks of nothing more than an impending fight between members.

I have no issue with people having opinions. I do however find issue with it when those asre used to start trouble. Oh, and before you assume I'm just protecting people ..

I prefer to see prices posted in the ad myself so even though my posts sound like I'm against you, think again.
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
          If you don't want to hear the bleatings from the lowly non paying members then I would suggest that only platinum members be allowed to view/post in the classifieds. Then we won't have to worry about having an opinion on something we don't pay for.
          And then you'de be complaining that the board was elitist because you don't have the ability to see the classifieds. It's a no win with you, you'll be unhappy either way
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

As a member who sold something via auction format recently (well, 6 months ago... my sweeeeeeeet black Ontario dinky, to Pete) I must say, I miss both (the format, and the guitar).

I also remember a certain member with 12K+ posts bumming me out pretty bad over a mp3 post I made... long since forgiven, and not an issue anymore, but at the time... I was depressed, pissed, hurt, and it made me end that auction early, and sell my first USA Jackson for less than 300 bucks just to keep my name and reputation.

I had no intention of hanging around here after that.

Pete, who turned out to be an awesome friend, and well worth the price of admission, convinced me to ignore the a$$holes, stick around, and get some good things from this place, which I did.

I'm glad I did.

In the meantime, I've bought a lot, sold some, and continue to enjoy the forum.

I see no need to throw rocks over the 20 dollar fence that is platinum membership, just to get the pot stirred.

Thanks to ~K~ for attempting to keep this a fun place to learn and share.

And a big Fug You to those that would turn it into a toilet of hate.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
              Thanks to ~K~ for attempting to keep this a fun place to learn and share.

And a big Fug You to those that would turn it into a toilet of hate.

Precisely what I think. I come to this forum to get away from people who spend their whole day arguing and complaining. I don't want it to turn into what I'm trying to get away from. I think the community here is spectacular and I don't want to see it divided over one little (I guess it's not that little) argument.

I personally have no problem with pebber. I've never bought or sold anything from him but from what he's posted, he seems like a good guy. I could care less what people sell as long as they contribute to other aspects of the forum.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Okay, here are my opinions. I think they would make the Classifieds a better place.

1. A price must be listed in classified ads.

2. Only one item per listing. This would make it much easier to see if the listing contains something you're interested in, rather than having to click on "Lots of guitars" or "Marshall amp and more".

3. Platinum members get some number (20?) of listings free, non-platinums get none free, but everyone can post (keeping the 100 post rule). Each listing after the free ones run out costs 50 cents, regardless of whether or not it sells.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Okay, here are my opinions. I think they would make the Classifieds a better place.

1. A price must be listed in classified ads.

2. Only one item per listing. This would make it much easier to see if the listing contains something you're interested in, rather than having to click on "Lots of guitars" or "Marshall amp and more".

3. Platinum members get some number (20?) of listings free, non-platinums get none free, but everyone can post (keeping the 100 post rule). Each listing after the free ones run out costs 50 cents, regardless of whether or not it sells.
                  We have previously asked for people to not use multiple ads. It makes for too much clutter and it also makes people bump their items more.

We aren't going to limit how much paying members can use the classifieds, it isn't fair for them to pay for the privledge and then suddenly tell them obtw after 20 listings you have to pay us again. The ony thing that should be in question and ruled upon is whether or not we are going to require people to list prices. Anything beyond that is a dead issue

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                    :ROTF: What kind of drugs are in the Pennsylvania water?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Putting the price in the ad? All for it, although I don't know that it should be forced- very seldom will I ask for the price if it's not on there. Basically, whoever is selling it is screwing themselves, IMHO.

Whatever happened to asking $100 or whatever more than you really wanted & then letting people talk you down??

As far as dealers selling here on the sly- It's shitty in the sense that Matt & our other guys are getting the big shaft, if that's what's happening, but frankly, I love it. I like more shit in the classifieds to GAS over rather than less. If anyone should be pissed, it should be the declared dealers.

I don't get upset by someone "hyping" a guitar as their baby when they want to really just flip it. Really, if you're selling it, that says it all.

If I want it, I'm buying it. I don't care about the sob story, or the fake sob story. Is it dishonest? Yeah, and if I catch you doing it I might wonder what the fuck else you're lying to me about, but in the end, it's one guy with a guitar and another guy with money, and let's make a deal.

FYI I bought a guitar from the fella that we seem to be referring to that didn't list a price- He completed the transaction like a star, packed the guitar like it was made of china, & sent me an axe that if anything was in better shape than he described it, and when the shipping turned out to be more than he thought it would be, he ate it and didn't even ask me for a dime. So maybe it's annoying, but in my experience he does things the right way. I'd do another transaction with him in a heartbeat.

Also- Isn't Pebber in like Viking country or something? Guy probably owns more guitars than are available anywhere over there. All I hear is our Euro guys complaining that they can't find shit. They probably appreciate him blowing out some of his stash.

Vass
                      Last edited by Vass; 09-28-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        I come to this forum to get away from people who spend their whole day arguing and complaining. I don't want it to turn into what I'm trying to get away from.
                        Nothing buy nice things about people anymore

I'll be watching you Mister!

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                          Nothing buy nice things about people anymore

I'll be watching you Mister!
                          Uh oh!
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            :ROTF: What kind of drugs are in the Pennsylvania water?
                            Lotsa good ones, when you movin?
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven
                            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              Blah blah blah ...
                              since I am a REAL musician I don't have the need to flip my major equipment anymore... blah blah blah...

Wow, still up high on that pedestal I see. Of course we should all know that REAL musicians don't sell gear right? I seem to remember Dave Mustaine selling off all his Jackson's a while back, but I guess he's not a REAL musician. All REAL musicians surely must spend a couple of years seeking out their tone and then stop and never get rid of the things they bought but didn't like.

I'm so glad I can see the light now, it all makes sense. But surely no REAL musician would come on an Internet forum and whine and cry like a little schoolgirl over something that affects them in no possible way? And of course there's no way this REAL musician would be of the type to put himself up higher than the person he's bitching about, or cut other people down who's own music he doesn't like?

No, that would take a REAL DICK to do something like that.

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 09-29-2008, 08:42 PM.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X