Clear All

Nice effort though.
    LOL
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Wow this is getting great!
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

There was a man from glass,
        who's balls were made of brass,
        In dark stormy weather, his balls clang together,
        and lightning shot out of his arse...

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
          There was a man from glass,
          who's balls were made of brass,
          In dark stormy weather, his balls clang together,
          and lightning shot out of his arse...
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            And of course there's no way this REAL musician would be of the type to put himself up higher than the person he's bitching about, or cut other people down who's own music he doesn't like?

No, that would take a REAL DICK to do something like that.
            Unfortunately as much as times change people stay the same. I've always been of the belief that people who talk themselves up have a self esteem issue. They need to reinforce their self worth to other people to validate themselves.

look at me, look at me... whatever.

I stand by my intial point that this thread was nothing more than someone looking for trouble. He has no platinum access and yet he wants to bitch about the rules for someone who does. In doing so it could have called that member out and started a war. But it was much easier to shout the battle cry than to simply ask someone in the background.

lastly, it sucks not being a real musician.. guess I need to sell my gear now ... that statement falls along the lines of the guy that buys the huge truck to compensate for having a small dick

I know Bill that's why you have the sports car and not the big truck! :ROTF:
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'll buy it
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                I'll buy it
                Whatya give me for the whole lot ... oh shit if I do that does this make me a dealer?
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                  Wow, still up high on that pedestal I see. Of course we should all know that REAL musicians don't sell gear right? I seem to remember Dave Mustaine selling off all his Jackson's a while back, but I guess he's not a REAL musician. All REAL musicians surely must spend a couple of years seeking out their tone and then stop and never get rid of the things they bought but didn't like.

I'm so glad I can see the light now, it all makes sense. But surely no REAL musician would come on an Internet forum and whine and cry like a little schoolgirl over something that affects them in no possible way? And of course there's no way this REAL musician would be of the type to put himself up higher than the person he's bitching about, or cut other people down who's own music he doesn't like?

No, that would take a REAL DICK to do something like that.
                  If you read the entire thread you would see that I was comparing myself to a dealer or business man who buys and sells musical gear but doesn't play. Of course I know there are a ton of really great musicians here and I wasn't talking about them. I haven't been on my high horse for a few years now. I am just a regular player... still bitter regarding the music industry.. but I am not putting down any other players here.

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                    Unfortunately as much as times change people stay the same. I've always been of the belief that people who talk themselves up have a self esteem issue. They need to reinforce their self worth to other people to validate themselves.

look at me, look at me... whatever.

I stand by my intial point that this thread was nothing more than someone looking for trouble. He has no platinum access and yet he wants to bitch about the rules for someone who does. In doing so it could have called that member out and started a war. But it was much easier to shout the battle cry than to simply ask someone in the background.

lastly, it sucks not being a real musician.. guess I need to sell my gear now ... that statement falls along the lines of the guy that buys the huge truck to compensate for having a small dick

I know Bill that's why you have the sports car and not the big truck! :ROTF:
                    If you read the entire thread you would see that I was comparing myself to a dealer or business man who buys and sells musical gear but doesn't play. Of course I know there are a ton of really great musicians here and I wasn't talking about them. I haven't been on my high horse for a few years now. I am just a regular player... still bitter regarding the music industry.. but I am not putting down any other players here.

Comment

• Unfortunately John, you really chose a poor way to make the statement then because it really does come across as condescending. I'll chalk it up to a poor choice of words ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                        I think a pole is in order.
                        A pole to smack people? Like a caning! I like that idea.

Unless you meant poll as in to vote.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          A pole to smack people? Like a caning! I like that idea.

Unless you meant poll as in to vote.

Be careful because I think the word "pole" is probably set up as an alert filter for Horns. He'll be in any minute...

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                            Unfortunately John, you really chose a poor way to make the statement then because it really does come across as condescending. I'll chalk it up to a poor choice of words ...
                            Thanks, I appreciate that. I certainly didn't mean to come across like I jumped back on my stupid high horse from the old days. There are plenty of great musicians and bands here and I respect what they are doing.
                            Its tough being a musician. Very tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                              Be careful because I think the word "pole" is probably set up as an alert filter for Horns. He'll be in any minute...
                              Maybe. He's probably busy with his pole at the moment. :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I have a pole.

ok, well, a wart

--floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X