Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New iPods

Anyone else got one?

I got a 16 gig Nano in orange (they were out of black). It's really neat so far and the battery lasts an insanely long time. I've listened to it for about 3 hours and only about an 8th is gone. The new interface is pretty neat. the only thing I don't like is that there is no solitaire on it.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

My 10 year old daughter won a 16 Gig nano (yellow) at her school last Friday. She already had an older style 8 Gig nano that she now gave to her younger sister.

It seems pretty nice. My 2 year old Gen 5.5 80 gig is still going strong, and that has been around the world with me, been dropped, flown across the room courtesy of the treadmill, etc.

I'd be lost without mine. It goes everywhere with me.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I got the new 120gb classic. I love it, video usage sucks battery life, but using it just for music it lasts much longer. It has a cool music and movie quiz game too.

Comment

This was a replacement for my Gen 5 30 gig video. That poor thing has been through hell. The battery is pretty much toast from being used about 4 hours a day for 2+ years.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I ride the blunt edge of technology. The new release has meant I can upgrade from Gen 1 Shuffle to a refurbed 80 gig Classic at a considerable discount.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I have the 80 gig classic, it's awesome.

and work just sent me a new iPhone, psych!
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              I ride the blunt edge of technology. The new release has meant I can upgrade from Gen 1 Shuffle to a refurbed 80 gig Classic at a considerable discount.
              Haha, that's how my old video was. I got it refurbished when the 5.5's came out. It was absolutely trashed but it had all new insides.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

iPods have solitaire on them?!!

what?

i have a neener (nano). one of the original long ones. i have never seen solitaire on it.
                wow. hmmm.

Comment

Pick up a Purple one for my wife.. My kids love it
                  2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                  2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                  2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                  2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                  2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                  2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                  2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                  2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                  2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                  1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                  1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

My wife wants the purple one, but I keep telling her that it won't hold all of her music.

Personally I stay away from Apple products because of their bad business practices.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
                      Pick up a Purple one for my wife.. My kids love it
                      my wife has had a purple one for years. It used to be pink before her vice like grip. Occasionally she'll still let me play with it
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Emthrax View Post
                        iPods have solitaire on them?!!

what?

i have a neener (nano). one of the original long ones. i have never seen solitaire on it.
                        wow. hmmm.
                        There should be a games section under the extras menu. My old 1st gen. Nano had solitaire. My video also did. The newest Nanos went back to being long shaped but they have a super long screen and a tilt sensor so it changes modes based on if you have it vertical or horizontal.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I'm planning to get an iPod Touch when the new ones get to this area (we live in the sticks, and the stores here don't have 'em yet).

Comment

I want to get a Classic at some point. My old 30gb Zen Xtra died and my gf is letting me borrow her 2gb Samsung YP-T9 until I get a new one. 2gb of music is not enough - even if I switch the library every day. Then again, at work I'm using it for 10 hours a day.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I want one that is just a big hard drive (say 300GB or so)and a nice CHANGEABLE battery. No color screen, no video, no games. No software but the music playing software.

For any other purpose I carry a laptop and a cell phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X