No announcement yet.

Priest, Megadeth and Testament tour in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that show here in AZ. It was great! I had a good time. The crowd was an interesting mix.

Comment

Well it's tonight and it's like fucking Christmas! I've not seen any of these bands for so many years, I hope they're as good as I remember.

Last time I saw priest was in '88 on the Ram it Down tour at the good old Hammersmith Odeon and it was so loud it made my testicles flap. God I feel so old...

Anyone else off to the Manchester gig?
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

its £37 imo thats a bit steep. I got offerd a ticket and thought about it.
        no sig.....

Comment

£37 for Priest, Megadeth and Testament, to expensive, errr ok.

Out of interest how much do you think the ticket should be then?

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Ha! I paid 20 quid to get into Birmingham on Saturday - the touts were desperate to sell!

The show was good, but fucking hell, Priest really are looking old and ropey, and that is saying something. KK Downing looks like a frail old lady and Glenn Tipton looks like he is trying to remember where he left his slippers. As for Rob Halford.......well, old men shouldn't wear spurs, nor spangly coats. He looked like Liberace.

Megadeth were same old same old. Too sterile, Dave Mustaine is a pretentious tosser, and the "band" is just a vehicle for him to pose and shake his hair about whilst growling. Makes great pictures, looks great, but not really a band effort. In fact, nothing like a band, no humans involved, no soul. I've loved their music a long time, but they suck balls live. Sorry, his music, he sucks balls, the rest of them onstage were just puppets, insignificant. The only thing worse than nicely packaged, neatly delivered "units" in the music industry is when the artist pretends it's an angry force moving under it's own momentum. Megadeth is one of those things. Great, but not "genuine".

Testament, as ever, excellent, but Alex Skolnick looks like he is prancing about at a Gay Pride parade. He has the same haircut as my sister and should stop being such a smiley twat. It's just not Heavy Metal!

Well worth 20 quid, or even 37.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Priest, Megadeth and Testament together again? I saw all three of them on Priest's Painkiller tour back in 1990!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Megadeth were same old same old. Too sterile, Dave Mustaine is a pretentious tosser, and the "band" is just a vehicle for him to pose and shake his hair about whilst growling. Makes great pictures, looks great, but not really a band effort. In fact, nothing like a band, no humans involved, no soul. I've loved their music a long time, but they suck balls live. Sorry, his music, he sucks balls, the rest of them onstage were just puppets, insignificant. The only thing worse than nicely packaged, neatly delivered "units" in the music industry is when the artist pretends it's an angry force moving under it's own momentum. Megadeth is one of those things. Great, but not "genuine"."

This paragraph bears repeating! I remember when Rude Awakening came out and I scurried off to buy the DVD. I put it in the player and I sat there horrified at what I was hearing. My wife was in the kitchen and she walked into the bedroom and said "my god, what is that awful shit you're listening to." She was right, I have never heard Megadeth sound good live and it's because Dave can't sing his way out of a wet paper bag. When people say he has a unique voice, well let me tell ya, I have a unique fart too!
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  Megadeth were same old same old. Too sterile, Dave Mustaine is a pretentious tosser, and the "band" is just a vehicle for him to pose and shake his hair about whilst growling. Makes great pictures, looks great, but not really a band effort. In fact, nothing like a band, no humans involved, no soul. I've loved their music a long time, but they suck balls live. Sorry, his music, he sucks balls, the rest of them onstage were just puppets, insignificant. The only thing worse than nicely packaged, neatly delivered "units" in the music industry is when the artist pretends it's an angry force moving under it's own momentum. Megadeth is one of those things. Great, but not "genuine".
                  Totally agree. They just don't look like they're having fun up there.
                  Scott

Comment

P.S. I still think the lineup of Mustaine, DeGrasso, Ellefson, and Pitrelli was one of Megadeth's best lineups.
                    "POOP"

Comment

I'd like to just see a 2 hour Testament set. Hopefully they'll do a tour as headliners at some point this year. Seems like lately they only do that in Europe, then maybe a couple of US dates almost as an afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        Totally agree. They just don't look like they're having fun up there.
                        The rest of them just looked shit-scared, probably of becoming "ex-Megadeth". As a band, there was no interaction between them, not even looking at each other. The lead guitarist was fantastic, no doubt about it, he fired off the stuff he was hired to play without missing a beat, sickeningly effortless, barely a glance at the fret-board, but he wasn't part of any band. It was over-rehearsed, contrived (the performance, not the music being played) - Song No 1: Dave moves stage left for solo, guitarist goes stage right. After X seconds, all change, for 30 seconds, then repeat, etc etc.
                        I like to see bands feeding off each other, watch them smile at each other, even if at private jokes. I like to see them take the piss out of each other, bump into each other as they both move to the side of the stage as the girl in the crowd with the big tits, I like to see they are human and making music TOGETHER, aware of each other, not just doing their scripted bit.
                        It really made an unfavourable impression, the like of which I've not had at a gig for a long time. Sad really.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          P.S. I still think the lineup of Mustaine, DeGrasso, Ellefson, and Pitrelli was one of Megadeth's best lineups.
                          i would have to agree with you , in terms of live performance
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, but Al Pitrelli and Jimmy DeGrasso are ROCK STARS! They know how to play, they know how to move, and they know how to interact with each other as well as with the crowd.

Did anyone notice on the Rude Awakening DVD when Al was ripping a solo and Dave gave him that look like "calm your ass down and turn your volume down, you're upstaging me!" From that point forward, you can barely hear Al's stuff. How fucking insecure of Dave!

Frankly, I'm glad Al left because his work with TSO has been wonderful and I'd bet he's a hundred times happier!
                            "POOP"

Comment

I don't like going to concerts full stop. Even if I changed my mind, after I saw "That one night" by Megadeth video, there is no way I wanna see Megadeth live at all. He has a nice doubleneck CS King V. If I knew he was gonna give me that guitar for free, then yeah, it's worth spending £37 to pick it up. Otherwise, no.
                              Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well that was fun, I can't hear a fucking thing now though.

Testament were good, looked like they were having fun up there, Chuckies a bit heavier than I remember him. They looked like a band enjoying themselves and I think they have some headline dates lines up between the Priest shows. It's a pity the set was short and the sound shit, I wonder if they'd fucked the engineers wife or something.

Megadeth, hmmm I see what you mean about mechanical. I think he should change the name to Mustaine and get it over with. Technically very good but cold to me. I'll have to agree with the points above. Thrash by numbers.

Priest we fucking great. Shame about the 30 minutes we lost due to some technical difficulties like the PA not fucking working. Halford dress sense has not improved over the years, apearing in a silver lame cape at the start made me nearly piss myself with laughter. After that things settled down and it heads down was business as usual. They even played some older stuff which was a pleasant surprise.

They look pretty much the same apart from being a bit balder and heavier around the waist. Showmen through and through. It was also nice to see Downing's old Hamers again, even if they were rudely interrupted by an explorer. However I'm glad I saw them in 88 and not for the first time now as they were much more powerful then, but that's age I suppose. Both theirs and mine.

Overall I thought it was worth the money as I would have paid that to see just Priest. I just wish my fucking ears would stop going WHEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

Working...
                                X