Virgin Media anti-virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media anti-virus

Anyone use this? Well, methinks it's time I went back to Sophos. Because VM slows my machine right down. If you ALT+CNTRL+DEL, you can see just how much it clogs up my processor.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I'll stick with McAfee Enterprise.
    Bogs down the system a bit when doing a full systems scan, but that only happens once a week during dinner time.
    -Rick

Comment

avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that's also what happens. sure it picks up viruses and spyware, but it hangs my pc big time. sophos never clogs it up. not sure why.

thanks Toejam. I'll check that out when I get home.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-07-2008, 12:09 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've been running NOD antivirus (seems VERY transparent and easy on resources) and "Superantispyware" lately. Was impressed with superantispyware even tho the name is dumb... It got rid of some stuff NOTHING would touch. Both miss root kits tho...

Those, and Spybot's HOSTS file and Winpatrol keep me pretty safe regardless.

Just my input...

Comment

Here's another vote for avast.

Comment

ive been using Symantec Antivirus with no problems, and it picks up just about everything

Comment

I was using Virgin's Pc Guard, but I was having the same problems,

I'm using AVG now..however still hanging at times, but not as flakey
                Last edited by Gartron; 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X