Satch's new supergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satch's new supergroup

Some may have already heard about this.. however, I was listening to an interview on the radio with Satch this morning and the new group consists of him, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, and Chad Smith on drums. They are supposed to be finished recording in December, mix in January, and release the album in April, with a tour to follow in the summer.

They're taking suggestions for a band name, apparently Joe does NOT like Sammy's name for the band :

Chickenfoot! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Ed would shit if they played any VH covers on tour, although they might sound better.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

You mean this is true??

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Glad they're changing the name...couldn't get into that one

Comment

Satchagar..??

If they really wanna piss of Ed..take my old name of Valeries Revenge..and use the VR logo!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Shagardelic. In Austin Powers voice... "Yeah, baby!"
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              Ed would shit if they played any VH covers on tour, although they might sound better.
              If Hagar wrote the song, I don't think Ed could do anything about it.

I never liked the stuff Hagar did with Van Halen whatsoever - the DLR stuff was much better. So, although I fucking love Satch, I'm not really that interested in this project.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Satchagar..??

If they really wanna piss of Ed..take my old name of Valeries Revenge..and use the VR logo!!
                I was listening to the same show. (see my sig) Caller called in with "Joe Van Chilli". Johnny and Joe seemed to like that one.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Really, I wanna hear it.

Van Hagar had some really good songs IMO!!

Judgement Day, The Seventh Seal, Source of Infection, Humans Being, Pleasuredome, immediately come to mind.

Comment

I was hoping that Brandmeier would have broken out his old list of unused band names but he only came out with "Hitler's Other Testicle". I was hoping to see/hear Satch's reaction to a couple of oldies but a goodies... "Scrotum-pole" or "Sandy Duncan's Glass Eye".
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Tequiland
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                        I was hoping that Brandmeier would have broken out his old list of unused band names but he only came out with "Hitler's Other Testicle". I was hoping to see/hear Satch's reaction to a couple of oldies but a goodies... "Scrotum-pole" or "Sandy Duncan's Glass Eye".
                        I like it..no, I love it!

Tequiland ...yeah, "Eat the worm"..

Comment

Yeah, there were a couple of small blurbs about this in recent guitar mags. I'm very interested to hear this project. Sammy's OK. But I've always been very curious what Satch would sound like in a traditional (non-instrumental) rock band format.

He's an awesome lead player and instrumentalist. But the thing that I've always really loved about Satch's playing is how melodic he is. Like you want to sing or hum his leads, if you know what I mean. (...Think Neal Schon, etc.) I've always thought that if he were to try and take a step back from the instrumentalist-wankery thing, he's be an amazingly melodic songwriter/lead player in a traditional band setting. Hopefully, the dynamics of the people in this group allow him to do that here. And hopefully Satch himself doesn't go off on one of his occassional techno/sci-fi gay-outs in his songwriting, either.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Yeah, there were a couple of small blurbs about this in recent guitar mags. I'm very interested to hear this project. Sammy's OK. But I've always been very curious what Satch would sound like in a traditional (non-instrumental) rock band format.

He's an awesome lead player and instrumentalist. But the thing that I've always really loved about Satch's playing is how melodic he is. Like you want to sing or hum his leads, if you know what I mean. (...Think Neal Schon, etc.) I've always thought that if he were to try and take a step back from the instrumentalist-wankery thing, he's be an amazingly melodic songwriter/lead player in a traditional band setting. Hopefully, the dynamics of the people in this group allow him to do that here. And hopefully Satch himself doesn't go off on one of his occassional techno/sci-fi gay-outs in his songwriting, either.
                            A lot of Satch's non-instrumental stuff is OK. His stuff on Flying in a Blue Dream is probably his best.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                              A lot of Satch's non-instrumental stuff is OK. His stuff on Flying in a Blue Dream is probably his best.
                              ..and his best tour too IMO! I got to hang with Joe for an hour or so..he even called my wife on his cell phone and gave me a reversed divebomb lesson. That dude is such a nice guy!!! He's got my badge..

He gave me a pocket full of picks too..I shoved them in Satriani cd jewel cases.

Oh, I have some old pics of us when I had Andrew Dice Clay hair..not good pics of me...jeezuz..oh man!!!:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X