Saw Kamelot last night: Pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Kamelot last night: Pic heavy

I've been waiting for Kamelot to come to Atlanta for the last few years. Finally, they headlined at The Masquerade. Khan is one of my all time favorite singers. They played a good solid 2 hour set with each band member getting a solo spot.

A few local bands filled the opening slots. I can't remember the name of the first band, but they are from Dallas, Ga. One of the guitarists played a Charvel Fusion (got a pic of it)in a crackle finish (Desert Crackle???). I thought it was a 475 , but he said it was a Fusion, and he bought it for $200.00. He modded it with a Dimebucker in the bridge and Hot Rails in the middle and neck postions. He's a really nice guy and we talked about the new Charvel's and he really wants one. He actually visits the JCF but has not created an account yet. Of course, I told him he needed to do that ASAP.

The second band was Halcyon Way. The singer, Sean is a friend of mine. Their new CD is being released on Nov 11th. They usually put on a great show, but not last night. The mix was terrible. Guitars too low, backing vocals louder than Sean, drums sounded like they were being hit with Q-tips. Just not a good night. On to the pics, they are not that good, but here they are anyway:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

GAAAAAAHHH!!! You're so lucky! I've wanted to see them forever(pardon the pun-like thing). They even played Karma, my favourite song!!! They played all my favourite songs. Soul Society, March of Mephisto, Forever, all the good ones. Oh I wish a good band would come to Saskatoon.

Edit: Was Roy Khan as super-ultra amazing is he always seems to be? Did he hold his mic ridiculously close to his mouth like he does in every picture I've ever seen of him?

Double Edit: I just checked their schedule and they won't be coming to Saskatoon any time in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Ben...; 10-12-2008, 10:34 AM.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Yeah, thats not a fusion. It would have 24 frets if it was. Cool pics.

Comment

very cool, Alvin. Khan is a great singer.

ps. that's a 375
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          Was Roy Khan as super-ultra amazing is he always seems to be? Did he hold his mic ridiculously close to his mouth like he does in every picture I've ever seen of him?
          Khan was freaking amazing. No, he didn't hold the mic too close to his mouth.

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Yeah, thats not a fusion. It would have 24 frets if it was. Cool pics.
          Cool, thanks for the info. I'll let him know. I hope he signs up here soon.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          very cool, Alvin. Khan is a great singer.

ps. that's a 375
          Khan is the reason I love the band. Ah, 375, eh.

Oh, and the name of the band is Eclipsed By Sanity from Dallas, Ga.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            Khan is the reason I love the band.
            Isn't it everyone's?

This is from their "Melodic Metal Strikes Back" Tour in 1993.

See? He's practically swallowing the mic. It might just be me though.

Roy Khan's awesome. He could pee on something and it would become 200% better instantly. He's that good of a singer.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

who's the chick singing in the Pics?
              I like this band a lot, they've got some seriously well written material.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                Kamelot has backup singers for the chorus and all that. You can see them at 2:40 in this video:

Live version from Oslo Norway, Directed by Patric Ulleaus. From the album "The Black Halo" and DVD "One Cold WInter's Night"

There are a few songs that feature a vocal solo with a female voice and usually one of the backup singers comes to the front of the stage to sing it or they bring out a guest singer(All observation from various videos).
                Last edited by Ben...; 10-13-2008, 08:36 PM.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                  I don't remember her name, but she was incredible.

Comment

I don't remember her name, but she was incredible.
                    The female vocalist from the band Epica? Simone Simons I think her name is? She's on the Black Halo album on the song "The Haunting". There's videos of her singing with Kamelot so it might be her. Here's her Wikipedia page:
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                      The female vocalist from the band Epica? Simone Simons I think her name is? She's on the Black Halo album on the song "The Haunting". There's videos of her singing with Kamelot so it might be her. Here's her Wikipedia page:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Simons
                      I don't think that was Simone.

Comment

I don't think that was Simone.
                        No it doesn't look like it, I just thought I saw red hair before but i guess that looks more like black now that I look at it a bit closer. Backup singer? Local hired gun?
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I think her hair was blonde. I'm sure she is hired for the entire tour. I don't think she is local.

Comment

Great band, geat pics..been a fan for a very long time..even before Khan of Conception joined. He's is an amazing singer with a distinct voice all his own. He brought that band to a much higher level..

I have all of their stuff!!

fantastic!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

if she had dark hair, it was probably thom's wife. she usually tours with them and covers the female vocals.

bill, i agree roy brought them to a higher level, but there is something very cool about their early stuff - when they were more of a local tampa band!!!!

my singer lives in brooksville, fl - just a couple of miles north of spring hill, where thom and glenn live. occasionally we will run into mary (thom's wife) at the grocery, while buying food for rehearsal. the youngblood's are friends of friends of my singer's family. mary has come out to a show of ours, but we're trying REALLY hard to get thom out to a show. needless to say, he's too busy most of the time!!

on a side note, they are VERY active in the community as well. when thom got his ESP deal, he auctioned off most of his jackson's and donated ALL the money to the local ASPCA. each guitar came with pictures of him using them in the studio while recording "the black halo" and with autographed pictures and swag and stuff. i wanted to get his old black soloist with the kahler, but as far as i know, he kept that one.....
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X