Best way to hook computer up to mixer board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to hook computer up to mixer board

Ok, computer gurus, I'm thinking of plugging my computer through my mixing console and I'm not sure what the best way is. Is there a sound card that has stereo outputs ? Am I stuck with just putting an adapter into the mono output ? Thanks !
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

The 1/8" line out from a computer should be stereo. You need to get a stereo 1/8" mini to either two 1/4" plugs, or one 1/4" stereo plug to stick into your board.

- E.
    Last edited by AlexL; 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The mixer 'should' have a dual RCA input (2-track input, tape input). That will get you right into the output buss of the mixer. If you need to EQ or add effects, use Alexs' method.
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Thanks guys !

Comment

Or you can get a proper USB-audio interface DI Box thingy, which gives you a proper balanced signal out, and it filters out those fucking nasty noises the hard drive makes whizzing away (not very noticeable at bedroom level, but put it through a big PA system and the computer noise is overwhelming.) Expensive, but depending on what you want to do, worth getting.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

hmmm I'll look into that. Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              The 1/8" line out from a computer should be stereo. You need to get a stereo 1/8" mini to either two 1/4" plugs, or one 1/4" stereo plug to stick into your board.

- E.
              got pretty much the same setup
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I have a MI Audio card which has 1/4" balanced outputs. They are vastly quieter than those godawful unbalanced 1/8" stereo jacks.

Comment

Working...
                X