"New" Malmsteen album leaked....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Malmsteen album leaked....

Sounds exactly like all his others. Christ, AC/DC get grief for doing the same album over and over, but seriously, Malmsteen's new one sounds like his first one, but without the good songs.
    I don't like Malmsteen's music, other than the first album, but I wanted to hear Ripper so I listened to this a few times today.
    Ripper sounds totally out of place - his voice is far too aggressive for this melodic rock stuff.
    Yngwie's constant noodling gave me a headache on the drive home from work - it was as relentless as a fucking Dragonforce album (the annoying "same things repeated over and over for long periods of time).

His solos sound exactly the same to me. Every song has a solo which doesn't seem to fit with the chords in the background, just Yngwie playing as fast as he can.
    There's also a song which ends with an echo/delay effect of his noodling fading out. Just like every other one of his albums I think.
    Can't he play a solo using a humbucker, just for a bit of fucking variety? Every solo is stylistically the same, and tonally they're all the same too. Try something else FFS!

Overall, I thought I MIGHT like this album because I love Ripper's voice. But in the end, I like it even less thanks to Ripper's voice. The lyrics are incredibly cheesy and lame too.

I can't figure out why anyone likes this music. If I want to hear Yngwie I'll listen to Paul Gilbert doing an impression of him.
    Last edited by MartinBarre; 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

I heard someone left a demo CD on a Dunkin Donuts and that is how it got out.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Did he play any arpeggios?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I'll bet they will try to SWEEP this whole thing under the rug.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Ripper would be a reason NOT to listen to this CD, haha...

After hearing and meeting Mark Boles Friday, he sure was an Yngwie career highlight...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
            I heard someone left a demo CD on a Dunkin Donuts and that is how it got out.
            Yeah the silly fat wanker himself
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

i haven't bought a malmsteen album since "eclipse". i really liked the one with joe lynn turner. it was an awesome rainbow record!!!! overall, malmsteen is great, but needs to do something new.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The only Malmsteen disc I have is "Marching Out". Really, it is the only one I need.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  i haven't bought a malmsteen album since "eclipse". i really liked the one with joe lynn turner. it was an awesome rainbow record!!!! overall, malmsteen is great, but needs to do something new.
                  I haven't bought an Yngwie album since The Seventh Sign and Magnum Opus that Mike Vescera sang on in '94 and '95. Also saw him on both those tours. Mike was probably my favorite singer besides Mark Boals. I also did like Joe Lynn Turner and Jeff Scott Soto.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I haven't bought an Yngwie album since The Seventh Sign and Magnum Opus that Mike Vescera sang on in '94 and '95. Also saw him on both those tours. Mike was probably my favorite singer besides Mark Boals. I also did like Joe Lynn Turner and Jeff Scott Soto.
                    Seventh sign was great, Alchemy probably his best work for variety of compositions...war to end all wars had a bad production but it was OK, Attack is boring, and I didn't like Unleash the fury...

I recommend to listen to Alchemy, it's a pretty good work with many interesting ideas, like blues pieces (blue!), gregorian choirs, slow songs, acoustics...

...and it's the one where he plays faster!
                    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '92 Fender Strat scallop
                    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      Did he play any arpeggios?

Ha ha, actually, I think if you were to time it with a stopwatch, you'd find that arpeggios take up most of the album. Never mind things like verses or choruses, or melody lines. As long as there's an abundance of arpeggios, all sounding exactly like the next one, Malmsteen seems to be happy.

There's another one of those tracks where he sings himself. You know, where he talks to himself, like on that "Cherokee Cowboy" one where he says stuff like "yeah, that's what am talkin about", to his own guitar noodling. Well he does it again on this album.
                      It's like a timewarp back to the 80's.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Never could get into his music. Great soloist, crappy songwriter.

Comment

I think Odyssey was a really great record.

Comment

he wanks to fast for me
                            "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

I have never liked him and could never really figure out what anyone saw in him. He has a kind of "gee wiz that guy is fast now turn it off" effect on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X