No announcement yet.

"New" Malmsteen album leaked....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could listen to Far Beyond the Sun all day long, but that's really the only tune I like that much.

Guy is obviously beyond world class though at what he does.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Ive got all his albums, but i usually only listen to a playlist of all his intrumentals - that's all i look forward to in a new album by him,...tho some of the songs with vocals are good here and there. I actually haven't even listened to most of his albums "songs", just the instrumentals, so i don't even know what most of it sounds like with vocals.
      But Marching Out is epic, and i quite like Eclipse begining to end, Fire and Ice had some ok songs i think.

I don't really get sick of his guitar playing for the most part, still blows most people away even if it is the same kinda thing - love his "blues" playing too.
      I'm not comparing him to Gary Moore or anything, it's a different bag.
      But i still think he's one of the best to ever plug in.
      Last edited by Trem; 10-13-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I'm with yas Trem... You sound like me.

Comment

Yngwie...you either love him, or you playa hate him!

Comment

I wish he would make more stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rY_5Tr8ZkA
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I dunno, for me I like his first 2 albums the best. Icarus Dream Suite, Soldier Without Faith, and Little Savage kick so much ass. I love the Concerto Suite album and video too.

I guess put me in the love camp, except for his 90's stuff. Sure he's become a caricature of himself, but those first 2 albums and the stuff with Steeler and Alcatraz were pretty groundbreaking at the time. I know there was a scene in Sweden doing that stuff but Yngwie is the guy that brought it to North America and had 4 consecutive albums crack the billboard top 100 with it.

Plus he threatened someones life on an airplane and avoided a trip to Guantonamo Bay so he obviously has superpowers as well. :ROTF:
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Just listened to the new cd. Pretty generic Malmsteen stuff, but not that bad. Every riff is like a variation on riffs he has used before haha. There's some cool guitar stuff. The vocals are ruining it for me though. This is usually my problem with Malmsteen's cds..

He should make more instrumental cds.
                Last edited by AfterForever; 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

he should ONLY make instrumental CD's, or if he wants to be ritchie blackmore so bad, just hire another old rainbow singer and write songs that are decent to good and wank less often....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have one of those G3 dvds with Satch, vai and YJM... At the end, they're jamming on "Rockin' in the Free World" - Yingyang can't even chug the low E to play rhythm on the song. While Vai or Satch are taking their leads, he just stands there looking bored or making boner rock guitar faces and hand guestures at the audience.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Just got my copy today. I think it's a great album. Ripper sounds great, production is good, and Yngwie is, well, Yngwie.

I've dug his stuff since buying that great Steeler album back in '83. I respect a musician much more for sticking with his/her style rather than constantly changing with the times and chasing fading success (Def Leppard anyone?)

Comment

Where did this leak? If it's improper to post a link, please feel free to pm me.
                        Thanks!
                        Love The Ripper!!!
                        (sorry Horns! )
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Tim's a great dude..he's got talent.

He should hook up with this guy!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO40E...eature=related

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hahaha! easy brother!
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                              Hahaha! easy brother!
                              haha..Did you watch that...WTF??!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

He have tourrette's or what?
                                ..... Was he the dude on the cover of Bark at the moon?
                                'Howling in shadows
                                Living in a lunar spell
                                He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X