Recommend me a good Mp3 player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a good Mp3 player

I hear a lot about Ipod's but another friend of mine says all i need is a Mp3 players are better! Thanks guys!
    I love admins!

Your friend is both right and wrong. What size are you looking for? The new Nano Chromatics are amazing. I've had mine for 2 weeks and I have yet to find a single complaint about it. It's quick to use, the screen has zero scratches(I have it in my pocket with keys once and a while. Might be because it's glass as opposed to plastic) and it's got enough space(for now). Oh, and they're dirt cheap. $200 for 16 gigs(I have this) or $150 for 8. They look slick and the solitaire on them is amazing(I've got over $8000 on it due to playing it for way too long). The battery has been very good so far. I listened to it for approximately 6 hours yesterday(Riding in a car going to and from the lake) and the battery was about 1/3 to 1/2 gone. So about 12 hour battery life with backlight on for 10 seconds. It goes up substantially if you have less backlight or if it's off all together.

I've heard Zunes are also good but the only person I know that has one had his crash and lose all it's info about 3 times since he got it a month ago.

Not sure about other brands.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Get an iPod. The "Classic" now has 120 GB if you need tons of space. The Nano is small, and the Touch has lots of other features (web browsing, etc.). Our family has had several iPods of various types over the years, and the newest ones are great.

Comment

Ive had my iPod for almost a year now and the battery life is still great. Plenty of space also.

Comment

I like my MP3 players small and simple. I like them to use batteries that are readily available. So for my, it's the Creative MuVo. 4 gigs, uses a AAA battery that I can get anywhere. 4 gigs is too small for some ... for me, it's enough to do something like eight half-marathons back-to-back without hearing the same song twice. I'm not the sort that will load his entire music collection onto the thing ... just select tunes.

Comment

I swore I would never buy one of those trendy piece of crap Ipods... until I bought one.. now I can't imagine life without mine. I have about 500 cds on it and it's not even half full.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I can say my Sansa E260 player has been a great unit for a couple years now. But, is scratched up quite nicely.

Time to upgrade and wondering myself... Always been sorta anti ipod due to itunes, and not able to change the battery yourself it seems, etc... But, you can at least use other software I see...

Comment

So are most of them compatible with like car cdplayer plugs??
                I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                  So are most of them compatible with like car cdplayer plugs??
                  If it has an Aux. Out thing on the stereo it will work. At least it does in my parents' Pontiac. A lot of stereos come with iPod spots now due to the popularity of the iPod. I think there are other methods too but I'm not sure.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I am a bit outdated on MP3 players. I got a Creative Zen 8 Gig. That's roughly about 1200 songs. Before you guy anything like that, get on the net and read some reviews. It will save you some major headaches if people are running into problems with a certain model or brand.

Matt

Comment

I've been using the same 4GB iPod Nano (1st generation) for a couple of years now and I have no complaints. Not too complicated and it holds more than enough music for me. I use it for practicing.
                      I was anti-iPod until my wife bought me one. Great device and you are no longer tied to iTunes anymore. 99% of the music on it was ripped from my own CD's.

I have an iPhone too, but the stupid headphone jack is retarded. Need an adapter to make it work with my practice rig.
                      -Rick

Comment

I recommend the 2 gig iPod Shuffle.

1. Amazing battery life. 15-20 hours.
                        2. 2 Gigs are enough for at least 24 hours of music. If you get bored with the content, you can easily put some new songs on it. There's no need to carry all your music around with you all the time.
                        3. It's build like a rock.
                        4. The clip on is very convenient, plus the thing itself is very small.

Others say you need a screen to select the song you want. Imo, you put your favorite songs on your iPod, so there's no chance of hearing a song you don't like. Secondly, if you want to create a playlist, you can and use the non shuffle mode.
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Drink the Kool Aid - buy the iPod. One of us. One of us. One of us.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I own a Sansa E280R that I've had for a few years now. Serves me very well. It's 8 GB w/ a micro SD slot for additional storage. You won't get your whole music collection on there, but it's perfect for me as I don't mind moving stuff in and out of it when I need to. The micro SD slot allows me to have separate cards for different types of music if I so desire... That said, if you want something w/ LOTS of accessories for the car and such, Ipod (any version) is probably the way to go.

Check this site out for NON-Ipod info... It's the best source I've found:

-Kenn

Comment

Haha, I was gonna post that site too.

I'm a Sansa fan as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X