• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's got a Hemi...

Hmmmm...................

Woman, 90, Dies After Crashing New Sports Car

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. — A 90-year-old woman was killed when she lost control of her new sports car and slammed into a pole, authorities said.

State motor vehicle records show that Maria Brunetti, of Pompano Beach, got the 2009 Dodge Challenger Friday on her birthday. A Broward Sheriff's spokesman said the car's odometer only showed 151 miles.

Detectives believe that Brunetti lost control Sunday when she accelerated instead of braking while trying to make a turn. The car hit a concrete pole and caught fire with Brunetti and her son, 47-year-old Peter Brunetti, trapped inside.

Witnesses pulled the them from the burning car, and fire-rescue took them to the hospital. The woman was pronounced dead a short time later, and her son was in serious condition.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,437522,00.html

Holy F**k. What a way to go. I hope the son wasnt the one to get her the car for her birthday. That would ssuck. Poor guy.
    Gil

Comment

...another reason why I think people over 60 and then at intervals of every 10 years need some kind of recertification to drive. I had been driving 90 seconds and knew which was the brake and which was the gas. A sad story, but likely a very preventable one.

Comment

Working...
      X