Scorpions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpions?

Anyone in the UK, or indeed anywhere else, seen the Scorpions lately? Like on this tour? I noticed they have played a couple of dates in the UK this week, and I'm pretty keen to go to see them in Wolverhampton on Sunday, don't want to get there and find Klaus Meine in a bath-chair and Rudi Schenker hooked up to a piss-bag with a tartan blanket over his knees.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Saw them with Priest on the last tour, and they were pretty bloody good!

Comment

Wanted to see them on Saturday but we have a gig.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I'm going on Sunday to the Wolverhampton one, can't wait. I saw them twice last year and once on the Priest tour; each time they've got better and better.

Of all the bands I've seen live, Scorpions are far and away the best. I can't really explain why that is, my taste in music is more for KsE, Lamb Of God, Machine Head etc. Scorpions are the only band I've ever seen who can keep me entertained for a full 2 hours. I'd rather piss myself than miss a minute of them by having a toilet break.

I really can't wait...no fluids between now and Sunday because I will piss myself if I have to...especially if it's during Coast To Coast...

Comment

even though they are like 85 years old, the scorpions STILL kick incredible amounts of ass on stage. A LOT of new bands should be taking notes on how to put on a headline show.

go. you won't be disappointed
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The last time I saw them, they were on the bill with Whitesnake. They were so tight, they were sterile.
            "POOP"

Comment

Yeah, saw them here a couple years ago and they were very strong. Sounded tremendously better than video I've seen of them from the mid 80's actually, in which Klaus was terrible.

Comment

The only time I've seen them live was back in the 80's at the Monsters of Rock show in Seattle. Their show ended early when somebody hit Klaus in the face with a thrown 35mm camera.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I saw them in 88 at the Monsters of Rock in D.C. Last event at RFK before it was steamrolled. People were ripping out the wooden chairs and burning them in Bonfires. Out of the 8-10 bands, they were by far the best. Their set was only like 60 minutes. I would have gladly seen another hour or two of them instead of 3 hours of Van Halen/Hagar.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                    The last time I saw them, they were on the bill with Whitesnake. They were so tight, they were sterile.
                    I saw that tour. I think it was 5 years ago. They had Dokken with them as well. What was sad was Scorps, Whitesnake and Dokken only sold 2800 tickets here in Syracuse in a 7,000 seat arena.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                      I saw that tour. I think it was 5 years ago. They had Dokken with them as well. What was sad was Scorps, Whitesnake and Dokken only sold 2800 tickets here in Syracuse in a 7,000 seat arena.
                      We faired a little better here. I'd say that half of The CenturyTel Arena was full. It was a strange tour in that Whitesnake and The Scorpions shared headliner duties. The night I saw them, Dokken opened the show with a horrendously bad set, then Whitesnake came out and totally blew the crowd away! Imagine having to gone on after that.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Well, there'll be 2 of us standing in pools of piss Sean, I'm going to go to Wolverhampton to see them. There wasn't much of a dilemma involved, I decided months ago I was up for it (even if I didn't get a ticket then), it's just that they seem to have had no publicity for the tour, whereas everyone pisses their pants when Whitesnake (strangely enough) or Alice fucking Cooper plays a few shows.

Apart from seeing them at Knebworth with Deep Purple, and again at Donington back in the Dark Ages (when I think Rudi Schenker didn't actually shut his mouth for more than 5 seconds, human pyramids and loadsa running around, classic Scorpions!!), I saw them in the US on the Monsters of Rock thing and again not so long back with Priest.

I supose what I'm trying to say is that I'm reeeeeeally looking forward to it, like a little girl going to see Westlife (pools of piss there too). How much shall we bet there are no tickets left?
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've wanted to see The Scorpions since back in the 80s, but they never seem to come here.... Boy, I see that Uli will open and Michael and Uli will joint the scorps for a few songs...

Comment

I saw them a few months back, I thought they sounded great. They only played 1 or 2 new songs, the rest of the set was the classics. Klaus sounded pretty good and Mathias Jabs really tore it up. Good stuff!
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Yup, they rocked the house when I saw them last!

Comment

Working...
                              X