Scorpions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
    I saw them in 88 at the Monsters of Rock in D.C. Last event at RFK before it was steamrolled. People were ripping out the wooden chairs and burning them in Bonfires. Out of the 8-10 bands, they were by far the best. Their set was only like 60 minutes. I would have gladly seen another hour or two of them instead of 3 hours of Van Halen/Hagar.
    I saw that show in Philly and I feel the same way. They kicked ass and their set shoulda been a lot longer. In fact, the Scorpions shoulda taken VH's AND Kingdom Come's time
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I saw them about 2 months ago...I wish I could tell you what it was like, but I got piss drunk and was blacking out during their set...People tell me it was good...
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

"Really had a Black-out" ?

Now I'm fucking torn (not like Wilksy will be on his happy lucky birthday though, that's something entirely different), I want to go, but I have a little job to do this afternoon, might be tight on time. Worse than that is the ticket price - £35.00!!!!!!!! They have got to be fucking kidding. I'd want to dictate the set list for £35.00, that is absolutely outrageous, and paying it only encourages them to keep prices high. On the other hand.......... Decisions, decisions.

Aaaaaaarghhhh!!!!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

You'll regret it if you don't go. £35 is a bit steep, but that's a piss poor night out in any town UK. I think I've got used to the idea of high ticket prices; saw Disturbed last week at Rock City and that was twenty quid, though the Slipknot-Machine Head-Children Of Bodom arena tickets are the same price as the Scorps...I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, it's the fucking Scorpions with the possibility of Michael making an appearance...

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Well, there'll be 2 of us standing in pools of piss Sean, I'm going to go to Wolverhampton to see them. There wasn't much of a dilemma involved, I decided months ago I was up for it (even if I didn't get a ticket then), it's just that they seem to have had no publicity for the tour, whereas everyone pisses their pants when Whitesnake (strangely enough) or Alice fucking Cooper plays a few shows.

Apart from seeing them at Knebworth with Deep Purple, and again at Donington back in the Dark Ages (when I think Rudi Schenker didn't actually shut his mouth for more than 5 seconds, human pyramids and loadsa running around, classic Scorpions!!), I saw them in the US on the Monsters of Rock thing and again not so long back with Priest.

I supose what I'm trying to say is that I'm reeeeeeally looking forward to it, like a little girl going to see Westlife (pools of piss there too). How much shall we bet there are no tickets left?
            You love Westlife and piss your pants all the time?! Who's REALLY wearing the nappy?
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-19-2008, 06:25 AM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
            X