Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Hear Ed Roman Got Shut Down by the Feds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Hear Ed Roman Got Shut Down by the Feds ?

Was talking to an attorny friend up in Denver yesterday who is a big guitar collector and has his finger on the pulse of everything BC Rich, Dean, Charvel, PRS, etc. He said that Ed Roman got busted by the Feds for making fake PRS guitars and that he's been shut down. Anyone else hear that? I see his website is still up.

I am sure if it's true then it will be all over the internet soon.

Matt

Comment

Karma.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I'm sure you are over the moon to hear of your hard earned tax dollars being spent so dilligently by the forces of law & order. Have they got nothing better to do?
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've read ALOT of bad things about Ed Roman and his business practices, but I cannot say for certain what is true and what is not.
          I have read some fucked up stuff about the guy though, and it has deterred me from dealing with him.
          But you know how the internet and rumors are....
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            I've read ALOT of bad things about Ed Roman and his business practices, but I cannot say for certain what is true and what is not.
            For instance?When I was tripped with Rich Bichs, I considered purchasing by him...
            '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
            '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
            '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '92 Fender Strat scallop
            '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
            '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              I'm sure you are over the moon to hear of your hard earned tax dollars being spent so dilligently by the forces of law & order.
              I sure am. Better to spend it bustin' counterfeiting rings than handing it to people on the dole.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Someone call the shop and see if he is around.

I would but I cant stand the A-hole he burnt me good back in 94.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  I'm sure you are over the moon to hear of your hard earned tax dollars being spent so dilligently by the forces of law & order. Have they got nothing better to do?
                  I am sure if you bought a nice "Jackson" guitar only to find it was a counterfeit built by Ed Roman, you would be glad to know the Feds busted him. He was pretty blatant about it, and offered a forum member here a job specifically to build fakes. The forum member declined, but told us the story

Another forum member told of buying a Charvel San Dimas guitar from Ed, only to have Ed offer him $350 to sell him the neckplate back. Not only does that show that he meant to build a fake and pass it off as a San Dimas, but that kind of thing in a way devalues ALL of them. How do you know a guitar is really an authentic San Dimas when there are guys like Roman building passable fakes? AFAIK Charvel/Jackson itself doesn't authenticate them, so it depends on experts who just know the guitars.

The guy has been doing this kind of thing for years as people wondered how he could get away with it. So IF this is true, it's good news.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Fair point. Though surely it would have been easier to send some geezers round to persuade him he ought to retire?

If the guitars were playable and of a high standard, that's got to be lower on the scale of priorities than stopping the flow of those nasty Chinese pieces of shit that are pure junk, or maybe catching the odd cunt that takes your cash but gives you nowt in return. If he was muddying the waters with his fakes though, and I got ripped off, I think I'd want his head on a platter, so probably best thing for him to be busted. A crook nailed is a crook nailed I suppose, who cares how or why!
                    (I think it was the phrase "busted by the Feds" in the OP that made me think of squads of people in bomber jackets with FBI in huge yellow letters on the back milling about, helicopters and SWAT teams. Television, it has a lot to answer for!!! )

Can you Americans petition to have him share a cell with that sweep-kicking twat? They can take it in turns to bite the pillow.
                    Last edited by Rsmacker; 10-16-2008, 07:25 PM.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I googled it and couldn't find anything about it.
                      Ed's always treated me right. Not defending him but simply stating my experience with him.
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                      --horns666 - 12/29/08
                      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                        I googled it and couldn't find anything about it.
                        Ed's always treated me right. Not defending him but simply stating my experience with him.
                        You may not have found anything about this particular report, but you must have found plenty of negative press on Ed Roman.

As for your experience, a good con man does occasionally treat a customer right. It helps muddy the waters when others are talking about taking it up the ass from the guy. Having read another forum member describe the secret back room in Roman's old East Coast shop where the counterfeit guitars were built, I have no doubt that he's been building counterfeit guitars for a long time. That's fraud perpetrated on anybody who bought one of those thinking it was the actual brand.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ed Roman looks like Mickey Rooney with Down syndrome..just sayin'.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Ed Roman looks like Mickey Rooney with Down syndrome..just sayin'.
                            He can be amazing!....
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven
                            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                              He can be amazing!....
                              Well, he is one charming fella!

When God made Ed Roman..he just said.."fuggit".
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X