OPETH last night in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPETH last night in Dallas

The better half and I went to check out Opeth last night at the House of Blues and all I can say is, WOW!

They kicked ass, had fantastic guitars and tone and were tighter than a virgin on prom night. I missed the first opener but the second group was way less than entertaining.

Opeth played fro two hours straight and never let up the entire show. My wife is far from a Metal-head but she actually left the show last night saying how much she enjoyed the softer, jazzy stuff.

Any other locals make it?

I didn't when they were here but my friend did. He said they were absolutely amazing. He found it funny how their supporting act, High On Fire, was all like "We're super metal" and all that while Opeth was calm and they just spoke into the microphone and was all nice. Sounded like a really good time. I might go if they come again.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I have seen Opeth about 6 times, including their mellow tour witth Porcupine Tree and they have yet to disappoint. Mikeal can be a riot with his interactions with the crowd.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yeah my friend said he just joked around when he talked to the crowd and was kinda funny.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

He's a great frontman. He was constantly cutting jokes with the crowd. He get the front row touch his guitar.

The first thing he told Dallas was that he loved up so much that if we were all women he'd fuck us... :ROTF:

Glad I'm a dood!

Comment

The original singer from Opeth went back to "Bloodbath" didnt he?

I like this better though.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Last edited by phill_up; 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM. Reason: oops, nevermind Mikael Åkerfeldt was the 2nd singer for Opeth

Comment

Working...
            X