Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to find band members FFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to find band members FFS?

I'm in a band just now, but none of them are into metal and one of them are all that great technically.
    All I want is to find some guys who live near me to play in a metal band. I've posted ads on four different websites looking for people and I can't find ANYONE suitable. I need a drummer, bassist and singer, who want to play metal, but all I get are replies from fucking guitarists wanting to play Aerosmith and Hendrix!

Where the fuck are all the musicians?
    Anyone in the UK know of a good site to post ads on?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

I gave up..my band is me, myself and I, and my AWESOME singer. My bud has drum samples and programs that sound so amazingly natural..its sick. My kid is great to write with..but I need someone who can play pretty complex shit to a click track. There's a couple drummers that could do it, but their busy with their own shit.

Unless your just doin' fuggin' cover band..the work is already done. Alot of players are happy just doing that.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I feel your pain. the Scene fucking BLOWS around here. If I was a 17 year old kid looking to play Avenged Sevenfold/My Dying Bride, and other shit like that, I'd be all set, but I'm not. I'm not even picky. I'll even do covers, like Sabbath, and other cool rock/metal. I've got a few ads out there, but there's no one. All the dudes I know from back in the day "don't have time to play in a band" anymore.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Join the club, it's all emo shite around here and very frustrating trying to get anywhere. I just want to play, I don't give a monkeys if it's covers or original stuff.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

This is an age old question like, What is the meaning of life. In the US there are enough musicians to support a GC every 30 miles but apparently most of them suck. Good luck bro. It took me over two years of really looking to find the band I'm with now and I live in one of the most populated areas in the USA.

It is a cover band but I'm just thankful to be able to play live with a decent group.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I'd gladly do covers if it was stuff like Maiden and Priest, that'd be awesome. But finding guys to do it is impossible. I don't think anyone around here can do anything other than play guitar.
            The "band" I'm with now are trying to do SOME cool stuff like Back in Black, Enter Sandman, Tear It Down and 'Head's "I'll Be Your Sister" but the drummer can't play "Ace of Spades" fast enough even though he seems to be a great rock drummer. I never realised that was a hard song to play on the drums.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Martin is there no music workshops in your neck of the woods?

Comment

I was lucky, our band is formed out of the ashes of 2 rival bands from the late 80's/early nineties and we got together about 2 years ago to just play covers from that era, Priest, Maiden AC/DC, you would love it :-)
                There is a weekend Warriors workshop that runs out of a lot of music shops in the UK, you might find some likeminded people through there. Try here
                www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I am currently building and shaping my band. My 12 year old is taking guitar lessons and my 16 year old is learning drums. They listen to the same music I do and havent figured out yet that I am molding them into future metal gods, lol.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
                    I am currently building and shaping my band. My 12 year old is taking guitar lessons and my 16 year old is learning drums. They listen to the same music I do and havent figured out yet that I am molding them into future metal gods, lol.
                    Good for you man. Me and my son keep pushing each other. We got much better by doing so. He'll be 14 next week. The kid does it all. He slays on drums, guitars, bass, keys, he writes his own riffs, songs and lyrics. He's doin' ..well......better than me!! :ROTF:
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                      In the US there are enough musicians to support a GC every 30 miles but apparently most of them suck.
                      That could be the quote of the day. :ROTF:

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                        I'm in a band just now, but none of them are into metal and one of them are all that great technically.
                        All I want is to find some guys who live near me to play in a metal band. I've posted ads on four different websites looking for people and I can't find ANYONE suitable. I need a drummer, bassist and singer, who want to play metal, but all I get are replies from fucking guitarists wanting to play Aerosmith and Hendrix!

Where the fuck are all the musicians?
                        Anyone in the UK know of a good site to post ads on?
                        yo bro im in the UK and theres 2 very good sites i use:

Musicians Wanted and Musician Classifieds at BandMix.co.uk. Join Today! Search Band and Musician Wanted and Seeking Ads in United Kingdom

hope those help
                        My music:
                        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I too am in the same boat as you guys. It's hard for me to find adequate players who also share the same style as me.
                          Most people talk shit until it's go time and you call their bluff.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I'm glad im a singer/Songwriter

its just me and my Acoustic guitar when i play live, for now anyway.

once the album is out i'm gonna need the services of another guitarist, bassist, drummer and piano player.......
                            oh let the trouble commence... :/
                            My music:
                            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Get yourself a PA company, you'll have loads of musicians wanting to be in a band with you (hmmmm, I wonder why?).
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X