Fair Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Warning!

I had to tell someone about this. I saw a Van Halen Tribute band yesterday. Musically they were top notch, the vocals werre even top notch. But I had to laugh out loud when the singer came out dressed in Daves Eat em and Smile makup, a huge feather head dress and a loincloth. You would have had to have been there to get the full effect but it was hillarious. During the set, he was pulling the feathers out of his multi colored head dress and giving them to the people in the front row. they were just laughing and throwing them around, I saw a couple of people who refused to take them...

The guys vocals were good. Not Dave quality but few are, not even Dave these days. But it was good for a laugh.
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 10-19-2008, 02:00 PM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Why would you refuse to take the feathers? That sounds like a boring crowd.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      Why would you refuse to take the feathers? That sounds like a boring crowd.
      Who knows? Most everybody did, and seemed to have a good time laughing it off.. but you know there's always a few wet blankets out there. I thought it was pretty funny just seeing the reaction from some of the people in the crowd. They obviously never saw DLR in his Van Halen Prime... Granted, the Eat Em and Smile garb was post VH, and this guy didn't quite have the Dave personna to really pull it off (who does) But I do applaude the effort. They did a great job, but you could tell the crowd wasn't familiar.

Comment

Van Halen tribute bands sock the cuck!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I tend to agree. I've seen a few, but none that I would see again.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
            I tend to agree. I've seen a few, but none that I would see again.
            There was this band called Virtual Halen..man, were they gay. Especially the bass player. He was dry humpin' me at the bar..so I let him finish. What was I supposed to do ..he was big boy.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hehehe, have you seen this one?
              ~She-Ruption~'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

That would be nice..

Comment

The guitar Player Heather is a member here from that band.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                  The guitar Player Heather is a member here from that band.
                  She used to come around, but if I recall correctly, some guys came down on her abilities when she posted a video once. Haven't seen her since.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hehehe, have you seen this one?
                    ~She-Ruption~'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

That would be nice..

No, I will NOT see another faggy ass, gay, girlie Van Halen tribute bands..ever!! Those bands are the gayest of all that is gay..and I don't mean that in any sexual way. Except for that defunct, defucked Virtual Halen..they WERE gay!!! Especially the bass player, that bastard. I still feel violated whenever I think of that asshole grabbing my firm but supple moobs from behind as he humped my hairy, fleshy rump roast thru my Levi 501s..that was wrong!! WRONG GODAMMIT!!!

VAN HALEN TRIBUTE BANDS CAN ALL GO TO HELL. THEY CAN GO TO HELL AND DIE..FUGUMMS GODAMMIT!!!

Comment

The guys vocals were good. Not Dave quality but few are, not even Dave these days. But it was good for a laugh.
                      Dave was a very good frontman, but his vocals weren't ever really that great to begin with.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Are you talking about Roth or Mustaine or both!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Both! :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No, I will NOT see another faggy ass, gay, girlie Van Halen tribute bands..ever!! Those bands are the gayest of all that is gay..and I don't mean that in any sexual way. Except for that defunct, defucked Virtual Halen..they WERE gay!!! Especially the bass player, that bastard. I still feel violated whenever I think of that asshole grabbing my firm but supple moobs from behind as he humped my hairy, fleshy rump roast thru my Levi 501s..that was wrong!! WRONG GODAMMIT!!!

VAN HALEN TRIBUTE BANDS CAN ALL GO TO HELL. THEY CAN GO TO HELL AND DIE..FUGUMMS GODAMMIT!!!
                            Awwww c'mon Horns.... Tell us how you REALLY feel...

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              She used to come around, but if I recall correctly, some guys came down on her abilities when she posted a video once. Haven't seen her since.

Yeah, that figures. One BIG reason I don't share videos online. I already don't have alot of confidence in my abilities, I sure don't need some other a$$hole convincing me..

Comment

Working...
                              X