Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a good day

Although my beloved Yankees are out.

My hometown team proceeded to take care off the Stinky Sox and are going to the World Series!!!
    Hell hath officially frozen over. I would have never, ever thought at the beggining of the season that this would have happened. Not by a mile, not if my life depended on it.

I am happy for them and the area. Now if the Lightning can pick it up!
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Yep, anytime the Red Sox lose it's a good day.

Looking forward to watching what should be a fun World Series. My grandfather was always a Phillies fan, so i'll probably have to lean towards rooting for them, but I don't mind the Rays at all.

Comment

I checked some stats on Saturday. 10 games & 42 at bats into his post-season career, B.J. Upton was tied with A-Rod (39 games, 147 AB) at 7 HRs, and was just 2 RBI short of him (15 to 17).

Quite a few radio talkshow guys are all bitching that the ratings are going to suck for the World Series. Tough shit. "It's bad for baseball when the Yankees or Sox don't get there!" Bullshit. If smaller market, low-payroll teams didn't get there occasionally, I would've quit caring about the sport completely years ago, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
        Yep, anytime the Red Sox lose it's a good day.
        What - no love for Baaaaaston?
        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
        --horns666 - 12/29/08
        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

PHI vs TAM World Series....snore...drool...snore
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I was happy the Red Sox lost. Being a Yankees fan it was the only thing I could cheer for still. But when I heard Sunday AM they had won on Saturday night, I was like 'here we go again'. lol

I think the Rays would have to be favored. Should be an interesting WS for sure. Kind of nice to see that the 'usual' suspects are out of it.

Comment

Not really a Baseball fan...but my Finance Professor is from Boston, and a huge Red Sox fan...could be interesting to see his reaction on thursday when i have class...

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                I checked some stats on Saturday. 10 games & 42 at bats into his post-season career, B.J. Upton was tied with A-Rod (39 games, 147 AB) at 7 HRs, and was just 2 RBI short of him (15 to 17).

Quite a few radio talkshow guys are all bitching that the ratings are going to suck for the World Series. Tough shit. "It's bad for baseball when the Yankees or Sox don't get there!" Bullshit. If smaller market, low-payroll teams didn't get there occasionally, I would've quit caring about the sport completely years ago, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
                Phils are actually the forth largest market in Baseball, behind the Yanks, Red Soxs, and Dodgers if you can believe that. I think the Cubs ranked in 5th. and how are the Phillies going to be boring? Great hitting, and spectacular pictching. A real baseball fan (and not a Phillies or Rays fan) will watch the World Series no matter who plays, as they are the best of the best and know how to play... and yes, I predict the Phils take it in 5, causing mass hysteria in Philly, and covering the Flyers asses for the next couple weeks.

Comment

It will be good to go to a parade down Broad St., it's been too long! They seem to be the best shot with how bad the Flyers have started.

Comment

Working...
                  X