Wasssssup ATL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasssssup ATL!

My company started laying off people like mad back in Fort Mill, SC. I decided to make the move to ATL with a cool company who has been courting me as of late. Anyhoo...what's going on in this city? Any new bands I should try out for? Any JCF parties going on here? Hello, is this mic on? Is there ANYTHING related to 80's metal going on here?!?

umm...yeah... I don't think the mic's on.

*Crickets start chirping*
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

AW ,

Welcome to the ATL !!I live about 30 mins south of the city.I'd really fallen out of the scene for the last 6-7 years(kids\wife\career).I've been working on getting a project back together again ,but it's frustrating finding available musicians(that aren't hopped up\unreliable or into the same style of music(my recent experience)).I've been teaching a friend the bass for about a year.I've got a part time drummer(it's not really working out with him though).
      My old drummer is in town ,but he's got no job ,no car ,no home .....that wont work either !!!

But more on point ,they're are several other members in the area.The idea of a jcf party sounds pretty cool ,but hell I have a hard time trying to fit 1 night of band practice in.Give the thread a day or 2 ,more folks might chime in.

Anything related to 80's metal ?
      there are many good clubs that feature live music ,there's not anyone local that I've been watching lately - but hell this is Atlanta ,almost every good concert(national acts)comes here or maybe athens !!!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Joe Satriani with Guest Mountain featuring Leslie West and Corky Laing
        Variety PlayhouseAtlanta, GA
        Sun, 10/26/08
        07:30 PM

Otep
        MasqueradeAtlanta, GA
        Tue, 10/28/08
        07:00 PM

Matthew Sweet
        Variety PlayhouseAtlanta, GA
        Thu, 10/30/08
        08:00 PM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
        Philips ArenaAtlanta, GA
        Sun, 11/16/08
        07:30 PM

Dragonforce
        The TabernacleAtlanta, GA
        Fri, 11/21/08
        07:00 PM

here's an idea , there are many other clubs !!!!

you can try looking in this wildgoose chase ;

What part of atlanta are you in ??

Comment

Welcome to traffic hell....

DM used to play around these parts, but I think he's on a bit of a hiatus at the moment. Great show though when he's playing.

As Jayster pointed out, there is usually something going on around here all the time. Big name acts playing the bigger venues all the way down to old school bands playing the smaller clubs. Skid Row was in town a couple of months ago playing one of the local clubs for instance. It's here, you just might have to dig for it.

Comment

Hey AxeWielder, welcome to Atlanta. I'm about 30 minutes NE of Atlanta in Auburn, Ga. Hit me up if you want to see some shows.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

WarInD is right...im on a bit of a hiatus...if you wanna call it that...more like trying to find a bass player and possibly another guitarist for the band...although not looking too hard at the moment...i would say congrats on the move down here...but be prepared...we've recently nicknamed atl the "los angeles of the east"...yeah traffic is bad...we dont have rush hour...we have rush blovks of time during the day...lol...but overall not a bad place to live really...sorry i didnt reply sooner but i havent been down in the non guitar discussion for awhile...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks for the info all, I've heard of a few of those places. I've been to the Masquerade once, years ago, and it was awesome. I'm near Perimeter mall. I can't complain about the commute, it's 15 min or less for me (going against traffic). Damn there are some aggressive drivers, I will say. What they hell are they listening to, Pantera?!? Jeez.

Comment

ahhh yes...over near ashford dunwoody...15 minutes isnt a bad commute at all for here...i'm a little north west of you in woodstock near the corner of 5 and 92...d.m.

Comment

Dragonforce with Powerglove and Turisas.
                    Friday, Nov 21
                    The Tabernacle
                    Atlanta, GA
                    Buy Tickets

This is sick !!!I've had a damn song stuck in my head all fucking week ;

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

This is sick !!!I've had a damn song stuck in my head all fucking week ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y150Lm4kZ_M
                      That was pretty cool!

Comment

Welcome to Road Rage City in another few years if they dont do something about transit this city will be like Mad Max.

Comment

Welcome to the ATL, Axe. I'm in Woodstock like DM. I've been here for 3 years now and it's ok. I would like to find an 80s metal scene too. Seems like southern rock is it around here, but I haven't been out to clubs a whole lot (have a little one at home) so far, so I shouldn't judge yet. A couple bought the house behind us, and I did just find out that he plays drums and we're going to jam soon, so hopefully that will go well and maybe turn into something.

As far as 80s metal, I have seen something in the Access Atlanta section of the paper that sounds like a metal open mic on Mondays. The place is called 10-something, does anyone around here know what this is?
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

sounds like 10-high...i think it's in the va/highlands area but not sure as i have never been there that i can recollect...d.m.

Comment

10-high, that's it. They have metal karaoke, but I don't know if it's just vocal (which rules me out -lol), or instruments too.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X