Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista is finally starting to come around

Well,
    I absolutely despised Vista when it came out. It was a pig and it seemed nothing short of a Flux Capacitor and a nuclear power plant could help it out. Talked to some people and they all agreed that after SP1 came out, it really smoothed things out.

Since I built a new PC, figured I would make it a dual OS system and give it a try. Installed Ultimate 64 bit. Startup is just a tad slow....not too bad. The interface is still very similar. Just looks a little different. I tried 32 bit first, and it was pretty nice. 64 bit seems to be a little more RAM hungry though.

Where it really gets a kick in the pants is graphics. With both video cards in SLI and utilizing DX10 to the fullest, this thing smokes graphically. Runs Crysis at full tilt with no issues. And I am only using 2 Nvidia GT9500's ( 512MB DDR3, PCI 2.0 ). No overclocking. I got 2 GB of DDR2 dual channel. I may jump to 4 GB.....could go to 8, but, its useless.....I will never use it. I bought the DDR2 board, because at that time, high end DDR3 was fuggin expensive. Now it has come down into the atmosphere, may need to order a board with DDR3 and the AMD Phenom chips are coming down in price.

Speaking of AMD, I know the Intels benchmark better, but, these are pretty nice CPU's. I just dont think that 99% of the people would be able to see or notice the performance difference. Kind of like one guy bragging his car does 200MPH and the other guy bragging his can do 202MPH.

I dunno, anyone else have any thoughts, input, etc?-Lou
    Last edited by LouSiffer; 10-28-2008, 11:32 PM.
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

I just got a new laptop w/ Vista. Why did they have to move all the damn icons around? "Add/remove programs" worked for me just fine, it didn't have to become "Programs and Features" (or whatever the hell it is now). Yeah yeah I know about "classic views". Other than that I guess it's aight.

Comment

The only thing I regret on this PC build is the MoBo I used. I went with an XFX which had great reviews. It has onboard LED display to flash alpha-numeric codes for t-shooting and it has a CMOS wipe button so you don't have to mess with jumpers....two really nice features that every board should have.

The board has been flawless, their cust support ......well....there is no customer support. In order to download any updates, you have to register with them and sign in. The registration works fine.....I can only get signed in about once a month though....many people have had this same issue. E-mailed cust support about this issue about 5 or 6 times. I have NEVER gotten a reply. -Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
      X