Question for the Dog people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Dog people

My brother and sis-in-law have a white Labrador they're looking to sell. The mother was yellow and the father was black. This one's more of a light cream color, not snow white like a Huskie.

Any ideas what a very large 7-9 month old white lab with no papers would sell for?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

"I give you five American dolla!"

Comment

"GET IN HERE TWEAK!"

Wait, wrong Dog...

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how much you'll get with no proof. Probably $200 at the most if you're lucky. Most people who buy dogs want puppies because they're "cute". I'd rather buy a full sized one to be honest.
      Last edited by Ben...; 10-29-2008, 08:42 PM.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Axe -> You have been reading about the dog consumption going up in Asia also! it's horrible to read they believe if you torture the poor dog it makes the meat taste better and can even be an aphrodisiac.

Comment

Are the parents pedigreed in any way?

A good "mutt" bird dog could fetch a hundred or so.
          Forget any thoughts on getting anything close to the "AKC" prices...
          that is a different world altogether.

I look at the parents (when I can) whenever I'm looking at a dog.
          A good, pick of the litter pup from good parents is roundabout 1/2 price of one that has the papers.

The current mutt is a pound pup...we just got lucky.
          She is a treat.

Comment

No idea on cash amount, but sadly, there's prolly a lot of "that" sort of dog sitting in rescues that they can't even "give" away (to a good home).

At least this one has been nicely raised and hopefully well mannered. THAT goes a long ways towards that type of person that might not want to raise a pup. Might be the best selling point to push.

Best of luck with getting it into a nice home, I hope it works out.

Comment

8 months old is old enough to show the character. So if the dog displays the characteristics a buyer is looking for (I used bird dog just as an example), then there should be a good chance of getting some good cash for a working dog.

Pets don't command as much...as John pointed out...and perhaps the best place to advertise is where the dog is most fit.

Comment

I know someone that breeds labs from time to time and the pups sell for around $300 and they have all papers and all that. I'd say an 8 month old dog with no papers would bring $50-$100. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                  I know someone that breeds labs from time to time and the pups sell for around $300 and they have all papers and all that. I'd say an 8 month old dog with no papers would bring $50-$100. Just my opinion.
                  That is what I was thinking but didn't want to say anything. There are people who LOVE those dogs and only want one for their temperament with children. papers probably wouldn't be that important to this kind of person.

Comment

Working...
                  X