No announcement yet.

Sabbath's "Born Again" album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are lucky... my Dad was one of those Jesus freak protesters! I would have liked to have been able to listen to it at an earlier age. With a name like black sabbath the Jesus Freaks had something to fuel the fire. " He has been biting animals heads off!" Ozzy was even accused of making people want to kill themselves with the song "suicide solution" IIRC I remember Ozzy stating his case that " There something wrong with the family background there". Take a look at Ozzy now... still has the same wife as far as I know the IRS isn't after him and it seems that everyone loves the guy.
    Now Black Sabbath is like childs play compared to the shite kids listen to now in Ganga Rap killin' cops n' bustn' caps in a Nga's @ss dawg sup bling homey.

I'm pissed I didnt get to listen to Black Sabbath As a child! I need therapy now!

PS: I think years ago Rob Halford was in the hot seat on court TV for subliminal messages in his music.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      Anyone else like it? I can't understand why it's so under-rated. It's a great album. Gillan's screams are amazing, and the sound is as heavy as it ever was.
      It's not as good as "Heaven and Hell", and it's less straightforward than what they did with Dio, but it's an intense, brilliant album. "Zero The Hero" is as heavy as fuck, a great song. And not many bands have come up with a song title as good as "Disturbing The Priest".

I just read this line in an interview with Ian Gillan from the time and it made me laugh out loud. I don't know if Coverdale's a cock or not, but it made me laugh anyway:

Alright Gillan! When David Coverdale was in Finland, he said that you are a nice guy to drink with, but it was sad to see you joining Black Sabbath.
      - Coverdale said that? He's a prick. I don't know anyone who likes him. Probably his mother doesn't like him either.

great song from fantastic album - BORN AGAIN! Gillan rules!

More info here:

http://home.swipnet.se/sabbath83/
      One of my favs as well..
      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        Take a look at Ozzy now... still has the same wife as far as I know the IRS isn't after him and it seems that everyone loves the guy.
        Well, he has been married to Sharon since the early '80s, they have three kids together, but he did have another wife and two other kids he didn't treat too well before that. Sharon seems more like a bitch and pretty much runs his career and life anyway. Ozzy's like a sheep and just goes along with her.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Well, he has been married to Sharon since the early '80s, they have three kids together, but he did have another wife and two other kids he didn't treat too well before that. Sharon seems more like a bitch and pretty much runs his career and life anyway. Ozzy's like a sheep and just goes along with her.
          He also got arrested for trying to murder her....
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, indeed. Drugs and alcohol fucked him up, and he didn't remember doing it. Sharon forgave him because she was also a blackout drinker in the past and did shit she couldn't remember at times.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
              I doubt that. Most of us saw the jesus freak protesters as a joke and would buy the albums anyway. In fact, if anything, I think they helped album sales. Kinda like the parental guidance stickers the PMRC helped provide us.
              exactly, religious nuts and PMRC are the best things ever happened to rock'n'roll
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                I'm pissed I didnt get to listen to Black Sabbath As a child! I need therapy now!

PS: I think years ago Rob Halford was in the hot seat on court TV for subliminal messages in his music.

Kill your parents and say that Robbie Williams made you do it with subliminal messages.

I think Rob Halford's "hot seat" is about as popular as Liberace's piano stool, but he foiled "them" in court by being able to string 2 sentences together, something they hadn't expected. They did manage to prove that a. Judas Priest were better back then.
                and b. Playing records backwards fucks up your stylus.

I think maybe Rob Halford bored them all to death in court with his monotone Brummie talk. Listening to a Brummie for more than 5 mins makes me want to blow my head off too.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

damn .. now I'm feeling old. I saw this tour, it was an awesome show. Black Sab took Quiet Riot out on their first tour when the metal health album first hit ...

FWIW i thought Gillen was great in Sabbath
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                    damn .. now I'm feeling old. I saw this tour, it was an awesome show. Black Sab took Quiet Riot out on their first tour when the metal health album first hit ...

FWIW i thought Gillen was great in Sabbath
                    Quiet Riot were the first live band I ever saw, supporting Priest back in 1984, must have been the Metal Health tour.
                    The thing I will always remember about that was my mate going to the merch stall, again 1st gig, 14 years old, wide-eyed and innocent and blowing £15 on a mask like on the front of Metal Health........only to find it wasn't metal, it was just a cheap plastic thing. Of course, being a mere kiddiwink, he didn't tell them to fuck off, just stood there holding this plastic junk, nearly crying at what he'd bought. I like to remind him of it all these years later.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Quiet Riot were the first live band I ever saw, supporting Priest back in 1984, must have been the Metal Health tour.
                      The thing I will always remember about that was my mate going to the merch stall, again 1st gig, 14 years old, wide-eyed and innocent and blowing £15 on a mask like on the front of Metal Health........only to find it wasn't metal, it was just a cheap plastic thing. Of course, being a mere kiddiwink, he didn't tell them to fuck off, just stood there holding this plastic junk, nearly crying at what he'd bought. I like to remind him of it all these years later.
                      That's the same tour that I saw Quiet Riot open for Whitesnake (Slide it in tour). Damn, those boys got around..
                      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I have that on vinyl and was just listening to it a few weeks ago.
                        Same here! I like that one as well, and while I love Sabbath and respect Iommi for carrying the name of Sabbath, "Born Again" is the last good album by Sabbath until "Dehumanizer".
                        Just my opinion.
                        Trashed, Zero The Hero,Stonehenge,Disturbing the Priest are great tracks!

Underrated album indeed!
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                        X