Canada Post/USPS nightmare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Post/USPS nightmare.

Well, it looks like John (jgcable) and myself have both been royally ass-fucked by two incompetant mail services. We decided to trade amps, and both shipped our amps out. Neither of us have recieved our amps yet.

I shipped him a Carvin Legacy on the 15th of October. The tracking number states that it entered the US on the 17th. It has subsequently disappeared.

John shipped his JCM 900 to me on October 21st. It somehow supposedly took 6 days to arrive in Canada, and the tracking number says it entered customs on the 27th. Canada Customs tell me, they never hold packages for more than 48 hours. The tracking number still says the item is with Canadian Customs.

So, here we are, neither of us with our new amps, and unfortunately John has a gig this weekend and no amp.

A big thanks to the fucking mongoloids that work for USPS and Canada Post.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I should mention, I have filed a claim with Canada Post, and they are putting a trace on John's amp. In the end, it should all work out fine, but this kinda shit is inexcusable. How the hell do you lose a box that size?

Comment

Shit...I have had stuff held in Canada Customs for weeks!

Sorry to hear this crap...Frustrating, to say the least...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

My wife always tells her Canadian customers that she will not guarantee a delivery date because of Canadian customs.
        95% of the time it's not an issue, but every once and a while they will just sit on a package for a week or three.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          My wife always tells her Canadian customers that she will not guarantee a delivery date because of Canadian customs.
          95% of the time it's not an issue, but every once and a while they will just sit on a package for a week or three.
          Same here - if it's over padded mailer size, you could be in for a long wait...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I'd hate to think about a tube amp bouncing all over the fucking place. Hope things work out for the best.
            "POOP"

Comment

Its probably collecting dust...Both sides of customs are extra suspicious about shit these days...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I just sent a package a few states away and it just sat for an entire week about 200 miles from the location and they couldn't figure out where it was and then it somehow got delivered 6 days late. But the idiot marked me down for slow shipping as if I had something to do with the post office losing it for a week. I sent it a day after the purchase. I hate these people I really do.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  Well, it looks like John (jgcable) and myself have both been royally ass-fucked by two incompetant mail services. We decided to trade amps, and both shipped our amps out. Neither of us have recieved our amps yet.

I shipped him a Carvin Legacy on the 15th of October. The tracking number states that it entered the US on the 17th. It has subsequently disappeared.

John shipped his JCM 900 to me on October 21st. It somehow supposedly took 6 days to arrive in Canada, and the tracking number says it entered customs on the 27th. Canada Customs tell me, they never hold packages for more than 48 hours. The tracking number still says the item is with Canadian Customs.

So, here we are, neither of us with our new amps, and unfortunately John has a gig this weekend and no amp.

A big thanks to the fucking mongoloids that work for USPS and Canada Post.

I'm curious if you marked the amps at the full value and insured them.

I've found a trip through customs for tax purposes usually adds at least 1 week to any guitar or heavy package.

But the parts guitars I've had shipped to me marked @ less than $100 take about 3 weeks to arrive and are always opened, fucked with and improperly re-packed (Latest one was NY state to Ontario).

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    I should mention, I have filed a claim with Canada Post, and they are putting a trace on John's amp. In the end, it should all work out fine, but this kinda shit is inexcusable. How the hell do you lose a box that size?
                    Zeeg,

The pot sniffing dogs freaked out when they sniffed your package

Comment

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
                      I've found a trip through customs for tax purposes usually adds at least 1 week to any guitar or heavy package.
                      I had a guitar arrive from California and that took less than 10 days, with only a day hold-up in customs...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

What was wrong with FedEx?
                        I have no trust for any government run operation.
                        They're not accountable to anyone and generally don't give a shit.
                        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                        --horns666 - 12/29/08
                        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Zeeg,

The pot sniffing dogs freaked out when they sniffed your package
                          :ROTF:I never even thought of that. You could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                            What was wrong with FedEx?
                            I have no trust for any government run operation.
                            They're not accountable to anyone and generally don't give a shit.
                            With FedEx to Canada, you have to pay additional brokerage fees to clear customs. It can get VERY expensive.

The USPS and Canada Post have an agreement in place that eliminates the brokerage part.
                            -Rick

Comment

Canada Post loves to fuck the dog and leave shit lying around for days or even weeks. It's a shitty situation, I hope you guys get your packages soon.
                              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                              X