Kind of sad Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of sad Halloween

I woke up this morning to some sad news. Last night we had a last minute fill in gig. I got home about 12:40 and fell asleep in the recliner. I was exhausted. My cell phone rang at 1:30am but I said fuck it. I'll check it in the morning.

I checked the message this morning. It was a friend from work calling to inform me that one of our fellow officers took his own life last night. I got a call this morning from one of our PBA reps and we talked for a bit about the whole thing.

It supposedly stemmed from financial difficulty and his girl leaving him, according to a note he left. He never showed for work yesterday and after attempts to reach him failed, they figured a no call/no show on his part.

You know, there are people we can talk to, Cop2Cop etc. But most won't use the resources for fear of ridicule by other officers. That is sad because this could have been avoided.

It just sucks. There was also a murder suicide this week. Another officer in my department (who worked at a different jail) killed his wife and dog, then himself. That was over the loss of their son in Iraq.

It hasn't been a great week at all. I just felt like getting this off my chest. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Sorry to hear that my friend. Those are terrible losses .
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sorry to hear about your co-worker.

For him, do not feel sorry, it was his choice and he has found peace. Pray for him and wish him well. I will.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Best wishes directed to you my friend!
        "POOP"

Comment

deepest sympathys Scott
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Fuck.... That seriously sucks man...

A friend of mine and Bill's did the same. Bill has had a few buds pull the plug. Pretty hard to deal with... LE is a rough job with a high attrition rate... Very mentally intense, and you see so much extreme violence and death, it becomes commonplace and not so hard to "reckon" with when it comes to making some sort of "decision".

You know, if you ever need to vent a lil bit, you can always contact me, or Bill. Seriously.

Dude is in my thoughts, hope he is at peace now. Blessed be...

Comment

Thank you all for your words and thoughts.

John, you and Bill are tops in my book. Believe me, if I ever need some help I will reach out to you guys. Thanks so much.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sorry to hear this,Scott.I hope he found the peace he was looking for............
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Sorry to hear Scott. You're in my thoughts.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers going out to you, his family and extended family.

Comment

Man, Scott. So sorry to hear that, bro. My prayers are for all of those affected by these tragedies.

Comment

I'm sorry Scott. Sigh, I been there several time. I still think of them and miss them dearly. Oddly, I broke up a fist fight between two over something stupid. They both took their own livese a year later just months from each other. They both did it they same way for the same reasons. My one friend connected instanly because we were the only two "old school" dagos at our district. Man I used to make him laugh so hard he almost choked to death on his sandwich. It was over this female cop's lovely ass that we always gawked at, and what I said about it. Everyone , including him always wanted me to imitate him. He sounded like Joe Pesci. Every once in a while a cop that remebers us will ask if I can do Jeff. I feel kinda sad..but I know Jeff would laugh so I do his voice and mannerisms..He was on COPS. I watched the youtube vid so many times. I'm, actually there wih him on scene..man, I still laugh so hard watching that episode. (naked man on pcp in a school squirting all the fire extingishers outside,..then Jeff Bops him on the head with a flashlight). I treasure those memories and still think of him all the time. I introduced him to Cleveland John and they became very friendly too.

As far as the Cop2Cop talk. Jeff always confided with me, but I didn't think it was THAT serious. Only if I knew..I always think "maybe if".

Scott, If you EVER need to talk. You know where to find me. Don't hesitate for a moment!!

Your bro,

Bill Z
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn, Scott, that's very harsh. Thoughts and prayers, bud.

Comment

You guys have to see so much ugly. I think all of us struggle with the sickness of the world at times, but we don't live buried in it for a 10 hour shift a day.

I saw the story re: the guy who killed his wife & dog...apparently he lost one of his kids back in May. He was 59, as was the wife. So he wasn't a kid. I had friends & acquaintences go out that way when I was growing up, and you chalk it up to bad chemicals in the kid's head at a tough time growing up.....I think for most of them, if they had somehow survived, they'd be laughing at their silliness and the things that used to get them so upset.

For a man like that.....well, he was obviously carrying around a big rock. Losing your kid. Grown man. I think maybe something like that, you don't get out from under it through the passage of time, you know? You're not like a teenager, one blowjob/kegparty away from being on top of the world. You think, you have time to think, & you understand the world you're in and make a really conscious decision to not be in it anymore.

I've never felt suicidal, luckily, either in my youth or now, and although I do judge suicide "BAD", and of course murder, I have a hard time sitting in judgement of the guy. I've seen people get depressed- Not fake, holy shit my boss yelled at me please give me a pill depressed, but really, "my life has taken a horrible turn" depressed, and it is shit scary. Some get out, some don't. He didn't. I feel for his other son, who found his mother, father, & dog dead.

Prayers to the family & to his bros. I can tell you I don't find myself to be a particularly emotional guy.... but if your head starts fucking with you, pick up the phone. Nothing pussy about it. Sometimes you get so badly in the weeds that it's hard to know what the right thing is....it could be right in your face, just a different way of looking at it. I can understand how a guy could end up so deep in the shit that they just feel trapped and only see one door out.

You see guys like that...well, we are alive, and for that we are blessed. All you can do is say a prayer.

Vass
                            Last edited by Vass; 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Damn. Sorry to hear, Scott. Lots of fucked up shit going on in NJ lately. I got news from my best friend a couple days ago (he's been living in Georgia now for more than 10 years) that his wife's cousin, who is in South Brunswick, strangled his parents a couple months back, used their credit cards to buy a lot of shit, an engagement ring for his girlfriend, and she helped him bury the bodies in a park. I met the kid and his family probably about 10 or so years ago.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X