Medical Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marijuana

This is kind of a serious question........Anyone here ever get a doc's note (can't really call it a prescription, more of a recomendation) to use medical marijuana?
    With the disease I have......Multiple Sclerosis....... I have read volumes about the benefits of Medical Marijuana.

My real question to you is, how did you go about getting such a recomondation and then how did you get the "product"?

I know that you cannot really get it legally (there's no pot store lol)....so did you seek out a dealer to grab some? Or some other means?

Again...this is a serious question for you guys....and I'm hardly ever relly serious.....this might be something that could help me out.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I think its a crappy drug to take if your sick for me at least. It makes it so you cant function in a social setting plus I dont think it is all that great for pain releif. Its a halucinogen so you are tripping out on stupid shit and your brain kind of cant process the pain you feel unless you focus on it.

I personally would use a strong opiate if things got bad like Oxycotton but thats highly addictive. It should be used only once in a while Pain Managment means they string you out on it.

So is Xanax which is awesome. Thats a benzo and I wont take that because you are pretty much screwed if your doctor decides to take you off of it and you got strung out.

So basically if you are in California I can tell you the process step by step to get your legal marijuana. I do not know how Maryland works.

Just throwing some suggestion out there for you.
    Last edited by AK47; 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      I think its a crappy drug to take if your sick for me at least. It makes it so you cant function in a social setting plus I dont think it is all that great for pain releif. Its a halucinogen so you are tripping out on stupid shit and your brain kind of cant process the pain you feel unless you focus on it.

I personally would use a strong opiate if things got bad like Oxycotton but thats highly addictive. It should be used only once in a while Pain Managment means they string you out on it.

So is Xanax which is awesome. Thats a benzo and I wont take that because you are pretty much screwed if your doctor decides to take you off of it and you got strung out.

So basically if you are in California I can tell you the process step by step to get your legal marijuana. I do not know how Maryland works.

Just throwing some suggestion out there for you.
      Weed isn't a hallucinogen, if anything, I'd strongly advise weed over Xanax or Oxycotton.

I have a few friends that have club cards, you can go to a neurologist (friend's dad has), psychiatrist, or a psychologist.

After that you obtain a club card, and there are "medical" clinics that you can go to and legally purchase the weed.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

"marywannie gives me oxycotton mouth"

OxyContin
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
          Weed isn't a hallucinogen
          It's considered a depressant. I think it sort of is part hallucinogen, but it rarely causes hallucinations. I believe the THC in marijuana is a very mild form of LSD.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            It's considered a depressant. I think it sort of is part hallucinogen, but it rarely causes hallucinations. I believe the THC in marijuana is a very mild form of LSD.
            I think you could be right on that one. I've smoked my fair share of bud and I've never hallicunated.

As for depression, I noticed that I pretty much can't smoke weed. I smoke it, have a great time, then for a week after that, I'm just really really depressed and my anxiety gets even more insane than normal... Not worth it to me ..but that's just me. If I had some illness like the thread starter, I'd be toking that shit daily.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Just hit them up for the stoner stuff

If you HAVE to go to a 'dealer', ask em for the middle of the road bud. That stuff'll get you floating a lil, but it'll make you totally stoned and numb. The more expensive, the greater the high and the lesser the stone, usually. Though pharmaceutical companies have been experimenting with crossbreeding, so I would imagine the stuff you can get through the official channels would be pretty on-the-ball as far as max painrelief and min trips are involved.

Personally I don't like being stoned, so we go for the $$ stuff, stuff like Nederwiet which is pushing 20% thc.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                I totally disagree with everything you said. I smoke weed on a regular basis, and can function just as well as if I was straight. I go grocery shopping, mow the lawn, do the dishes, etc, etc. Plus, I have no problem whatsoever interacting with other people. If anything, it loosens me up and eases any anxiety I might have. It certainly isn't a hallucinogen in any way shape or form. All it really does is loosen you up, make you more complacent, and happy. I find it very useful as a pain reliever. It doesn't take the pain away necessarily, but it makes the pain much easier to bear. I have had frequent back pain for a number of years now, and the weed makes it way easier to live with. You are still aware of the pain, but it dulls it considerably.

I'm sure there are many others who will agree with what I've said.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It makes me just wanna lay around and watch movies all day. I can help with pain a little, but there are better pain killers out there that aren't so addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    It makes me just wanna lay around and watch movies all day. I can help with pain a little, but there are better pain killers out there that aren't so addictive.
                    Ok, my turn to disagree. I don't get high much anymore..matter of fact it's been almost a year since I smoked. I think most prescribed painkillers are MUCH more addictive than weed. Personally, I'm not even sure if it IS addictive, it never bothered me to stop, each person is different though.

Comment

Who gets addicted to pot?!? Anyway, it is also very good for people with serious diseases who lose their appetite.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Who gets addicted to pot?!? Anyway, it is also very good for people with serious diseases who lose their appetite.

you dont get addicted to the pot , but you do get addicted to the tobacco.
                        unless youre doing it in a bong or somthing
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

It is more for spastic (locking of the muscles) than anything....not for pain. Although that would be helpful too LOL. In independant studies, it seems that pot is one of the BEST blockers of MS related attacks going. It seems to just plain stop them from happening. That is why I brought this thread up.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I'd like to read this ,but my glacoma's acting up !!!
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                              you dont get addicted to the pot , but you do get addicted to the tobacco.
                              unless youre doing it in a bong or somthing
                              +1000 my friend says he addicted but he don't smoke cigarettes unless there's pot in it. so i told him many times your craving nicotine not pot
                              the dumbass
                              "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Working...
                              X