signs of recession .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signs of recession .....

I just read that all circuit city stores in Atlanta are being closed.

We probalbly have too many stores in this area anyway.However I find it a touch alarming that they are not going to leave even 1 of them open.
    How are your communities fairing ?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Best Buy has been kicking their butts for a while now.

Comment

Yeah, they're closing like 12 stores here in the Chicago area as well. The few times I"ve been in my local one I leave wondering how they even keep the lights on. Horrible customer service and they can never beat the pricing of Best Buy on big-ticket items.

Comment

Some thing happened to Sound Control. I wish Nottingham had been kept open instead of Leicester. The exchange rate of nearly 70p to the $ doesn't help UK players trying to buy from USA either.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-03-2008, 05:51 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I dont know how they have kept it going either. I have been in the local store on a Saturday and been the only customer there. The sad thing was that I was there during the first month they were opened. They didnt have what I wanted so I went to BB right around the corner (literally) and they were packed.

Comment

Same story here. They have a store in the big mall here and there is hardly ever anyone in there buying anything. Go down the next wing to the Best Buy and the place will be mobbed.

Comment

They're killing the stores here in Phoenix as well.
              The stores are always empty when I drive past them.
              Best Buy has been kicking their ass here for a long time now.
              -Rick

Comment

Lost the one store that is local to me as well.

Personally, I've always found them to be fairly lame and not articularly competitive enough to attract attention. They're generally dead here as well, except around Xmas...

And yes, the Best Buys here are doing well.

Comment

They have one here that is fairly busy, but only because it is the only half-decently stocked electronics store outside of the Newark Best Buy. I think most people go to the Best Buy though to actually buy, as they are cheaper AND tax free.

Comment

This is great news. Circuit City has sucked for the last 10-15 years. Here's wishing that Best Buy fails soon too!
                    Last edited by hippietim; 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

(Tim owns lots of Radio Shack stock) (snicker)....

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                        (Tim owns lots of Radio Shack stock) (snicker)....
                        Radio Shack used to rule. Now they are just *really* bad.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Im surprised they arent closing the store near me. With Best Buy right across the street, they are always dead whenever I drive by, and never seem to be busy.

Last time I went in there...there had to be all of 10 customers there...including me.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            It's a double win-win situation for us Canadians. Circuit City took over Radio Shack here. After CC took them over they proceeded to suck more and more everyday. Maybe we'll get Radio Shack back now. Or I can keep shopping at Future Shop.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              oh no.....does this mean support for my trs-80 will no longer be available?

On a side note, I noticed BB promoting fender products online in a big way. Not just the cheap stuff. Sig series and American standards. IMO just another way to hurt the "small guy retailer" who made fender what they are today.

Comment

Working...
                              X