Marijauna decriminalized in mass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijauna decriminalized in mass.

Henceforth, people caught in Massachusetts with an ounce or less of pot will no longer face criminal penalties. Instead, they'll forfeit the marijuana and pay a $100 civil fine.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

That's not far removed from what our laws were anywhoo. Less that an oz we would just issue a misd citation. Unless your have any proir drug covictions, PVs, or warrants.

At the most, less than an oz without any priors would be a simple drug abuse..a fine and a 6 probation. Unless you get a cop like me. I'd send ya home with your shit and tell you to have fun..Unless they were an asshole..then fuggums.

But that's good a step in the right direction. Weed laws are bullshit anyways. Two beers will kill much faster than a fuggin' joint will! Drunks get violently retarded..but give 'em a joint and they'll hump your leg.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

time to move

Comment

Only big issue with weed, is that being illegal and there is big money involved, people and law enforcement officers are killed over it at some point. You just can't argue against that.

Otherwise, it just slowly atrophies society. Makes most people forever complacent and they just live in their parents basements sucking on bongs and playing RPGs and trolling the JCF till they're 40.

Comment

What if they have their own basement and passed 40..oh and they're a retired cop. I have this friend..

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            Only big issue with weed, is that being illegal and there is big money involved, people and law enforcement officers are killed over it at some point. You just can't argue against that.

Otherwise, it just slowly atrophies society. Makes most people forever complacent and they just live in their parents basements sucking on bongs and playing RPGs and trolling the JCF till they're 40.
            Hey man, I have my own basement, and I haven't played World of Warcraft in at least 2 weeks. I don't use a bong either!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I dont have a basement but I do own my house. I would love to play with a RPG but I think the cops would come the first time I blew up a car.

Comment

Something to consider in these tough times: a single medical marijuana dispensary generated more revenue for the state of California in taxes than several of the largest corporations combined.

'Nuff sed.

Comment

The actual consideration is the strain that prosecuting minor marijuana possession charges puts on courts. But you are very correct in your statements about possible revenue that legalization would lead to. They are doing a similar thing here in Texas and just ticketing persons that have small amounts. It's all baby steps though that will hopefully lead to change. In regards to John's statements of putting LEO's in danger that is another reason to decriminalize and in time legalize. With the increases in thefts and violent crimes the idea of waging a war on a natural plant becomes more and more silly.

Comment

Exactly.

Criminals only deal with marijuana because it's illegal. Make it legal, and you free up police resources and manpower for more important things.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to admit to being a heavy user at one time. I absolutely connect it with being happy complacently burning up about 15 years of the most important time of my life doing that.

Don't have much of an issue with older people doing, always figure my middle aged years would be a good time to party. But, chronic usage seriously takes away most people's ambition to do much. I feel it is a serious issue for young people to be using.

I was a high IQ straight A student, till my psychological dependance on smoking truly made me trash my my life. The most important and formative part of my life was spent smoking up, and not being particularly ambitous about anything except sitting and watching my aquariums with the woman. I was offered scholarships in some awesome local schools here and stupidly turned them down, cuz I wanted to hang with my buds and smoke. Man, I had excellent opportunities, and just ignored them.

I didn't "wake up" and get back into college till I was 28/30. Way behind the curve. Then my sudden "straightness", caused the pothead wife to rebel and go seriously the other way and off into hard drugs with new found party buddies. This resulted in my divorce and i ended up raising my 2 yr old by myself, with no decent education working crappy jobs.

Generally, smoking up half my life, left my life pretty much screwed up. Just getting it together now in my 40s. I truly regret using it. More than I can really communicate.

Another thing was that when I quit smoking, my guitar skills went through the roof. I was able to decipher and emulate stuff I never could get a grasp on before in my haze. I just thought I wasn't talented enough. Now, I know i was just too sedated. Took about 6 months to really notice the difference, but it was extreme and VERY obvious.

I know people will say "I am just as good (or better) at _____ when Im stoned"... I thought the same thing. I was wrong. Very wrong. And I'm ashamed at ruining the best years of my life.

Sorry to be a downer.

Comment

CM ,

I'm not making any friends here. Fuck weed !!!
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Well, I think responsible usage in later years isn't so bad. Have no issue with people using it. Just wish I hadn't touched it at the VERY early age I did... My bad I guess... I truly bought my own ticket.

I just think it does stuff to you that people really don't realize. I know I didn't...

Comment

John - if we remove politics, legality, and morality. How is using marijuana any worse than drinking alcohol? Note that I said using, not abusing.

I've seen first hand how abusing marijuana is vs. alcohol. I'll take people abusing marijuana over alcohol any day.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I understand. Six pack and who knows what some idiot will do.

Smoke one, and they might kill a large pizza...

Latter is betterer. Assuredly.

Politics, legality and morality aside. Chronic uage destroys young people's (and most peoples) motivation. I speak from experience. I'm far from a goody goody and am not just spouting BS. I really don't know what to do about the situation as far as am equitable solution, but I do know kids/young adults SERIOUSLY need to kept away from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X