No announcement yet.

Marijauna decriminalized in mass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm young, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs... but still I don't have ANY ambition. I'm still waiting for the big lottery win
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      I understand. Six pack and who knows what some idiot will do.

Smoke one, and they might kill a large pizza...

Latter is betterer. Assuredly.

Politics, legality and morality aside. Chronic uage destroys young people's (and most peoples) motivation. I speak from experience. I'm far from a goody goody and am not just spouting BS. I really don't know what to do about the situation as far as am equitable solution, but I do know kids/young adults SERIOUSLY need to kept away from it.
      It just comes down to balance. Too much of just about anything is bad.

I just don't worry about kids smoking marijuana anywhere near as much as I worry about them drinking. I believe it is the exception for kids to get so hooked on dope that they seriously fuck up. I believe it is far more likely for them to make a serious fuck up with alcohol.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I like gettin' fucked up..listening to metal..eatin' pizza..gettin' a beej..then I gotta go poop!

But I'll be smelling my kids clothes when he gets home..hopefully I'll just smell tuna. But he better wear a raincoat. There was never any drinking in my family..never. I did shots when I played out with the band until I puked. I don't do that anymore..thanks to prescription medication and some smelly parsley. I cut down ALOT on the smoking. I just do it on Friday nights and shit like that. Not everyday like I used to...that's just a waste of weed. Besides, weed works WAY better when used once in a while!!!

I highly recommend legalizing weed. I'm a retired cop and a member of our drunken police union, that can't wait to smoke weed. Man, I wished I would've patroled the streets of Cleveland while baked. I did it drunk or hungover ALOT (after gigs arrgh) ..but being baked would have ruled!! Man, I laughed my ass off without being high. I still laugh at that crazy shit. Like the the cops in "Superbad"...or worse.

BTW..John's unfortunate story is absolutely true and genuine. I met John when we were 16 thru playing music and weed.

Weed should be a reward after you accomplish what is required or goals desired. Keep your grades up, work, pay your bills, and take care of ALL your biz. Honestly, when my kid is grown and takes care of his biz like a man. He can party with his ol' man..like I party with mine.

Alcohol is bad news!!! It's the number one reason why cops get seriously hurt in c/w disorderly conduct, domestic violence, DUIs..you name it. Alcohol is why I'm disabled/retired. Thanks to a highly intox, extremely violent, LARGE Corrections officer that went ape shit aboard a plane when he was cut off. That NEVER would have happened if he was high! Alcohol + people = assholes.
        Last edited by horns666; 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Agreed Tim.

Plus, like other substances, legal or not, everyone is affected in their own unique way. It is absolutely true that some people become unmotivated and wind up wasting part or all of their life. On the other hand, I've known only one person in my life who literally ruined their life that way. He was the drummer in my band in high school, and he was a huge pothead. In fact, that's why I quit the band. I recently spoke to a mutual friend who says the guy is a complete wreck, lives in a disgusting hovel, and does nothing but drink all the time. That's right, drink. He quit smoking pot after high school, and has proceeded to almost drink himself to death. Ironic huh?

Honestly, it's about taking responsibility for yourself. Hey, everyone knows that you can't just party and relax everyday. It would be great, but we can't. So, we do what we gotta do. Those that choose not to, potheads or not, they made the decision.

By the way, I just smoked a joint, and mowed the lawn.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Bill knows the truth!!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Bill knows the truth!!
              ..I took a xannax and cleaned the fuck out of my already spotless house. So I waxed the tub with car wax. I got about 30 coats of wax on my tub..it's shines like a prestine Barret Jackson sumbitch..

That's the kinda shit I do when I'm high!! I can't stay still, I can't STFU. I recorded and write all my music when baked. I call it my "inspiration", and it has truly worked! The only time I want to leave my house is when I'm "inspired"..

OK..I gotta poop, and help my kid with his homework..again!! But, he made the honor roll!

Be back later..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                Unfortunately, I have to admit to being a heavy user at one time. I absolutely connect it with being happy complacently burning up about 15 years of the most important time of my life doing that.

Don't have much of an issue with older people doing, always figure my middle aged years would be a good time to party. But, chronic usage seriously takes away most people's ambition to do much. I feel it is a serious issue for young people to be using.

I was a high IQ straight A student, till my psychological dependance on smoking truly made me trash my my life. The most important and formative part of my life was spent smoking up, and not being particularly ambitous about anything except sitting and watching my aquariums with the woman. I was offered scholarships in some awesome local schools here and stupidly turned them down, cuz I wanted to hang with my buds and smoke. Man, I had excellent opportunities, and just ignored them.

I didn't "wake up" and get back into college till I was 28/30. Way behind the curve. Then my sudden "straightness", caused the pothead wife to rebel and go seriously the other way and off into hard drugs with new found party buddies. This resulted in my divorce and i ended up raising my 2 yr old by myself, with no decent education working crappy jobs.

Generally, smoking up half my life, left my life pretty much screwed up. Just getting it together now in my 40s. I truly regret using it. More than I can really communicate.

Another thing was that when I quit smoking, my guitar skills went through the roof. I was able to decipher and emulate stuff I never could get a grasp on before in my haze. I just thought I wasn't talented enough. Now, I know i was just too sedated. Took about 6 months to really notice the difference, but it was extreme and VERY obvious.

I know people will say "I am just as good (or better) at _____ when Im stoned"... I thought the same thing. I was wrong. Very wrong. And I'm ashamed at ruining the best years of my life.

Sorry to be a downer.
                John, I've seen others go thru exactly what you just described. I must therefore be the exception to the rule. I started smokin when I was 12 and haven't stopped since. Granted, I don't wake and bake on work days, but it is the first thing I do when I get home....and on weekends....PUHLEEZE!!!!! Smokey has nothing on me.

I have always been motivated tho. I actually do my best work after a quick session with the bong. Always done lots of charity work, built a drag car from the ground up, have always been in a band or 3 at any given time. (nerd moment coming) I bowled semi-pro, had decent grades thru school and college, dj'd at the college radio station and have held down full time jobs for the last 20 years. Thru all that I found time/motivation to plan and go on several Vegas trips, a couple pilgaimages to Texas Stadium. One time I was even motivated enough to catch a cab by myself to a club in Arlington to see Lesser Known God (Troy from here was in that band) while baked out of my skull and not only stayed all night. Had a BLAST on top of it all and still got up in the mornin woke and boke then went and tailgated before the game.

Basically, what I'm saying is, yes weed does mellow you out....but if you can't be happy and functional on it....well, it just may not be the drug for you.....which is good! More for me!!!!! (Bill can have some too)
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  CM ,

I'm not making any friends here. Fuck weed !!!
                  Says the guy who took a little vacation from here because he posted something dumb about another forum member while drunk.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Says the guy who took a little vacation from here because he posted something dumb about another forum member while drunk.
                    yep , I'm a dumbass in my own way - thankyou !!!:ROTF:
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        I'm young, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs... but still I don't have ANY ambition. I'm still waiting for the big lottery win
                        same here!

Didn't "Reefer Madness" teach you guys anything?!:ROTF:
                        Out Of Ideas

Comment

I guess I was functional. Played guitar everyday, didn't always "have" to work as I was in bands that actually made money. I bred expensive African Cichlids (fish) and had like 40 tanks of them and sold to local stores. I ran a small biz with a couple employees doing home remodelling and always felt like I was a 'true craftsemen" as I did some pretty cool stuff, we remodelled most of the "wendy's" here putting oak wood stuff throughout the eating areas. My house was spotless and I did would get high and just clean all day as well. I "thought" I did my best work high and felt I wasn't at my best when I was straight. I tend to think it was just that I wasn't accustomed to being straight and screwed stuff up when I was straight, cuz in reality, straight was "my" altered state. Haha...

Nonetheless, I feel it really ruined my early years motivation to become something.

Alcohol doesn't have the deep rooted subtle psychological effects, it just doesn't. If you abuse alcohol, it's obvious what it does. It's disasterous as well and MUCH more immediate. It's a serious problem as well. People tend to be more functional day to day under weed abuse of course.

Weed is is subtle and most people don't realize the damage it does to you. But, like I've always found, telling people that, expecially stoners, they'll just never "get it" or accept the truth and will defend their usage to the end. Always saying how productive they are and how good they do everything when they're high... Ugh... Beenthere done that...

Weed usage in kids isn't so big around here these days. The ones that tend to be abusers, tend to just jump to stronger and much more immediately damaging drugs.

Oh well, I'm wasting breath with this crowd, haha... Back to your regularly scheduled stoning...

Comment

God damn I fuckin LOVE drugs!!!

Comment

I quit smoking weed when I realized I did not acually enjoy the high. I was only smoking it because my friends were. Theres alot of better drugs to do anyway.

Comment

I've met plenty of motivated, well educated, responsible people who smoke weed and do so more than anyone would think. They won't show up to work high on pot or drunk for that matter

I don't think you can blame weed for all lack of motivation. 40 year olds living in their moms basement would still be in the basement with or without said weedage...
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X