Fitting HD Radio to a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting HD Radio to a Car

With HD-ready radio, do I need a new antennae or high quality speakers? I'm looking at a couple $100 head units (all I can afford or want to go on this car) and some lower end speakers as what is in the car is either not working or is worse than what you would find in a GoodWill boombox. I've thought about putting an HD radio in, but will it matter if I'm using cheaper speakers and the car's stock antennae? Is there anything else I need to do to "activate" HD Radio or still need a tuner? I know a fair bit about stereo systems, but this whole HD Radio thing is pretty new to me, so I guess it begs the question is even with quality kit, is it worth it? The head I am considering is a JVC (KD?) HD-W10... I'm a little nervous as my experience with JVC stuff has not been the best. I think they tend to make cheap crap, but anything I'll be putting in this is going to be cheap crap by most standards, including mine to a degree, as I am used to higher end Infinity and Rockford Fosgate products. Don't have $800 would be nearly half of what this stupid car is worth ('93 Corolla)
Working...
X