Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of IE ,to many problems ....

I'm sick of IE ,to many problems ....

So I've decided to switch browsers.I'm aware of Chrome , Opera ,I believe there are some others as well.Anywhoozle ,who's using something different then IE and why do you like it ?Also this must be a safe platform ,as I do some online banking.

I'll probably install later tonight ,the problems with IE are many ,but heres some of what's been pissing me off;

Freezing windows (do nothing and say program not responding)
    Sites not being found (however I know they're good links)
    ..... etc.

Also I'm using Vista (if that matters)

Thanks guys
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

try opera and firefox ive never had any trouble with either . i like opera because of the nice mouse shortcuts and i like firefox for the add ons you can get

p.s. im using vista aswell
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I use Chrome on my laptop it is fantastic. Saves a lot of screen space, which is important since I have a small 1280x800 screen.

Comment

Opera user here.

Opera inbuilt 'sync' feature is superb, create a sync account and Opera will store your bookamrks, history and loads of other stuff on their servers and make sure that no matter what machine you use Opera on, when you sign in your bookmarks and everything else will be sync'd and be exactly the same so your never stuck for that missing webpage you added in work etc.

Its content blocker is simply stunning, no more annoying ads or banners, simply right click anywhere on the offending web page, block content, then click on the offending item, click ok, and bam, its gone. each blocked item is editable so you can block an entire domain (handy for sites that use dynamic addresses for ads)

I love it.

oh and all that stuff you have to add as plugins on firefox comes inbuilt with opera.
        My music:
        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

FireFox
          http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox...ign=postlaunch
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Firefox on Vista is a wonderful thing.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Firefox on Vista is a wonderful thing.
              +1, but I dont use vista anymore. It works great on all my xp pro machines.

Comment

Been using Chrome on my XP machine. It's very fast and very stable. I still use Firefox on Linux and find it painful to use in comparison (it crashes all the time), but there's really no good alternative on Linux just yet.

Comment

Firefox 3.0. I recommend!
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've installed firefox 3 as of last night.So far only 1 problem with screen redirects?Anyway ,thanks for the advice guys ,if this doesn't work for me I'll try opera and then chrome.However I hope this works for me.

Cheers

I'm gonna go pick up drummer and play the guitar !!!!
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I have been seeing a lot of freezes lately with IE too. I think a lot of it is top do with these lame ass adds all over almost ever frekin web site I go to.

Comment

I use FF3 for the most part as i'm just more used to it, but Chrome is a superior browser when it comes to performance and usability. FF3 has a lot more bells and whistles but I think you will start seeing these options for Chrome shortly. If you are going to switch, I would definitely recommend Chrome as I predict this will blow FF3.1 and IE8 out of the water shortly. Chrome is the foundation for many things to come with Google so it is a safe bet that they are going to be sure that it is perfected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                          Also I'm using Vista (if that matters)

Thanks guys
                          Make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed for Vista - it makes all the difference, no matter what browser you use.
                          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                          --horns666 - 12/29/08
                          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

+1 on Firefox, i just finally started using it last week, and after i got a few addons to suit my preferences, it's great!

Comment

Firefox 3 + FasterFox (addon) + Adblock Plus = Eternal Happiness.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                              X