No announcement yet.

Tell Me About GMW guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That issue with Vic is the only QC issue I've ever heard of regarding GMW guitars. And as always there are two sides to every story.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I bought a custom order GMW from a JCF member. The trussrod cover was painted incorrectly. The person I bought the guitar from called Lee and I had a new cover in less than a week.

About a week later, I discovered a problem with the tune-a-matic bridge. The bass side of the bridge would not adjust up or down. Turns out that mixed parts were used and the post was wedged/cross threaded into the inserts. I called Lee, he appologized, and I received the new parts two days later. Can't ask for better service than that.
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        That issue with Vic is the only QC issue I've ever heard of regarding GMW guitars. And as always there are two sides to every story.
        Yeah, in Vic's case, it's called being on the other side of the world.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There seemed to be no problem taking money from the other side of the world.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

I've spoken with Lee a bunch of times about becoming a dealer for GMW, which I think would make us the only one in the country. When I first starting researching GMW's I was amazed at what a solid reputation Lee has, people really dig his guitars. I would guess the only reason resale values are low is because GMW is a very small operation and it's not a mainstream brand yet. One interesting thing to mention is most people that own a GMW, own several, not just one. That's a pretty good sign I'd say!
            Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 11-19-2008, 04:24 PM.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              I hear he puts on really thin fretboards.
              :ROTF: I knew that was coming.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've owned several GMWs over the years. Every one has been a top notch guitar in every regard. I also used to do my custom shop J/C orders through Lee, way back when he was a dealer for them. All of my experiences through Lee - GMW guitars or otherwise - have been excellent.

The worst thing I could say - and it's a very minor point, at that - is that Lee's time estimates have often been, shall we say, "optimistic". But the same can probably be said for the vast majority of custom shop manufacturers out there, small boutique or otherwise.

Comment

Tim, I have been as open and honest about what transpired with Lee as I could possibly be. My story is an open book. On the other hand, I have caught Lee out telling lies on his side. There are two sides to every story, the Truth and Lee's version.

If there is anything you would like clarified, please let me know and I will help you out with it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Yeah, in Vic's case, it's called being on the other side of the world.
                    That's probably right Joe, but one day I will be boarding that plane. Corrections will be made.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                      There seemed to be no problem taking money from the other side of the world.
                      All money for the GMW honeypot gratefully received, donate today!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                        I've spoken with Lee a bunch of times about becoming a dealer for GMW, which I think would make us the only one in the country. When I first starting researching GMW's I was amazed at what a solid reputation Lee has, people really dig his guitars. I would guess the only reason resale values are low is because GMW is a very small operation and it's not a mainstream brand yet. One interesting thing to mention is most people that own a GMW, own several, not just one. That's a pretty good sign I'd say!
                        The way I see it, if I was to find out a child had been abused at a centre/carer's place, I would be doing NO business with that centre/person, regardless of how many people before or after say they do good work. Up until the birth of my daughter, my guitars were like my kids (they are less important now, but I still like them) and what Lee did and how he reacted was unforgivable.

With my guitar being abused the pain will never go away. You can move on, but the memory remains, and sometimes the anger returns.

Comment

Pat Stangler gave me similar shit for doing business with Easton Guitars after Kevin had some bad dealings with some JCF folks.

So if we take this to that level then none of you should do business with Music 123 because they fucked me over once. If we all listed the places that have screwed us over and all agreed to avoid doing business with those companies we'd have no products to buy and no place to buy them from.

So in the end Genebaby, yours is still the only bad story I've heard of with GMW and the only side that's been published is yours and all we have is your word on it.

- Newc

Comment

So in the end Genebaby, yours is still the only bad story I've heard of with GMW and the only side that's been published is yours and all we have is your word on it.
                            You have my side of the story and the lies Lee was caught telling, which you can continue to ignore.

During the 'heights' of the drama a few people contacted me regarding their own serving of love from Lee, they just weren't part of this scene and kept it to themselves, but were glad to see he was getting noticed for what he can be like.

It all depends on the level you were fucked by 123, but to support your cause I will refrain from dealing with them as well. I had no idea they were like that, their website seems so nice.

Comment

Please don't avoid Music 123 on my account. Heck, that was like 6 years ago.

- Newc

Comment

Fuck Music123! I won't deal with them anymore, either. I returned a guitar to them, and they "forgot" to refund my credit card for it. "Forgot", as in neglected to do so on several occassions. Luckily, I disputed the original charge before it was paid (the guitar was returned within a week of receipt), and my CC company found in my favor quickly. Of course, this didn't save me from the hassle of the dispute process itself, proving return shipping, etc. But at least I got my money back. Music123 can kiss my hairy ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X