No announcement yet.

Tell Me About GMW guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Music123 is Musicians Friend - they are one and the same. So now we all have to avoid Musicians Friend.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, I thought they were bought up by a different company? Forget which one, though. I do think MF bought up much of their stock while in bankruptcy, though. Just didn't think they took ownership?

...Maybe they're decent to deal with again now?

Comment

Do a search on Music123 and the MF. You will get exactly the same results. Even blems/closeouts/etc.

- Newc

Comment

Ack. The Wal Mart-ification of America continues.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Ack. The Wal Mart-ification of America continues.
            Yep. Sucks. The music industry loves the WalMart model. GC is now in the hands of money types completely, Fender and Gibson buy up everything they can, so-called boutique gear companies are having cheap ass secondary shit made in China, etc. Just like WalMart and it's suppliers.

Here's what should be in all of our kids' stockings this year for Christmas so they can survive in the new global economy:

- Newc

Comment

GC actually owns Music123, just like they own Musicians Friend, Music & Arts, and American Music Group.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Trace, I don't know why you say the resale value on GMWs is low.
                Maybe on the new ones (although I did fine when I decided to move mine),
                but you need to be realistic , the amrket for new ones is very small
                and those buyers would probably prefer to order to their own specs,
                but the strat heads/Charvel replicas are very consistent.
                You can always move a nice GMW strathead for between $1,200.00 and 1,600.00 (depending on the layout/woods etc).
                I still have my solid Blue quilt GMW strathead, that thing is a shred machine. I love that guitar.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

And I'm still waiting for you to sell it ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                    What do you guys think about Lee Garver's guitars?

great guitars. I don't care too much for his new headstock designs but I have a couple of his older strathead models, one I ordered directly from Lee (purple one) and one off eBay and both are excellent guitars.

I can only speak for my experience with Leea nd GMW and I would hilghy reccommend them. Lee was easy to work with and gave me exactly what i wanted at the time when I placed my order.

shawnlutz.com

Comment

...and now I want some grape juice...

- Newc

Comment

owned them...love them...still own them (at least one..)

So, the maple neck is now on the cream body...funny that this Mutt is the best of the group

Last edited by speed monkey; 11-21-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X