Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played a gig last night and the cops came..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Residents of East Boston have been fighting Logan expansion for years.

People buy houses built next to highways and then bitch and complain till the state builds sound barriers to block the noise. Unfucking beleiveable.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      What's next, people moving into a house next to an airport and complaining about airplanes flying over their houses?
      Yes, I watched a show on cable about the demise of small airports. Several of the old-timers were quite teary-eyed over the matter. Take a look at an airport map of the U.S. from 40 years ago and then now.....the difference is mind-boggling. Most have been shut down because of the noise factor.

Comment

Happened to a place near me called "The Big Kahuna". I can see both points of view. Personally I check out the surrounding area Im moving to before I move there so I can avoid stuff like this.

-Steve
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Yeah, but like was said, some people move into those areas after haggling a low price due to the "neighbors", then run the neighbors off to raise the property value, then sell.

Really piss 'em off - if the bar owner hit one of those multi-million dollar lotteries, buy up the remaining homes in the subdivision and then he has the majority voice in that area
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Yeah, but like was said, some people move into those areas after haggling a low price due to the "neighbors", then run the neighbors off to raise the property value, then sell.

Really piss 'em off - if the bar owner hit one of those multi-million dollar lotteries, buy up the remaining homes in the subdivision and then he has the majority voice in that area

Actually, with that kind of lottery money, it'd be more fun to buy the local police. Then watch the look on their faces when the cops come to party!
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              I have a friend who tried exactly what you described. He bought the meter, took sound levels, presented the numbers to the police, and he still got the shaft. It seems that one of the homeowners was an attorney and he showed up at the bar with the police. The first thing out of the attorney's mouth was "is that decibel meter calibrated and if so, by whom and are they licensed to do such work? Are you an expert in taking sound level measurements? Are you an audiologist?" The bar was closed.
              "It's calibrated by the factory that made it. If YOU have an expert and your own db meter with you we'll be happy to play a tune for you and you can measure it yourself".

Easy to think of that after the fact, but I'd try to present the attorney as actually interfering with the police in the execution of their duty. At the least I'd demand he produce his own db meter to challenge the readings. It seems to me that the attorney intimidated his way into having his way, but if someone had brought up these arguments it would at least make him take the time and spend the money to prove that your friend's readings were inaccurate.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

a similar has happened in Fortitude Valley here. Folks are attracted to these new highrise apartments after seeing the ads pitching the cosmopolitan or bohemian lifestyle of life in the Valley, the proximity to the CBD, the financial district, shopping, restaurants, nightclubs, live music venues. And then once they're moved in, they complain about the noise of the music and lobby to have them shut down. We've seen a few landmark music venues in Brisbane shut down as a result.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Weird, that used to happen at all my gigs..

But they usually paid to get in and buy me shots all night!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X