autumn's pain gig pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autumn's pain gig pics

i love live shots, so here are a few from my band's last couple of shows...this set is from a show toward the end of october - we opened for some national rock band i never heard of. we had a 30 minute set....

the next couple of shots are from a show where we opened for some southern rock group made up of guys from skynyrd, molly hatchett and the outlaws.

and finally, the pics from last week's gig....we played the "national cave diver's association" annual party. it was weird because we played at a picnic pavillion. we got paid well, and we recieved a wonderful compliment from a national geographic photographer (who alos took A LOT of pics of us)...he told us the sound was so clear that when he got there he thought a radio staion was being blasted, then when he realized it was a band he was in total awe.

pretty cool....

we played 3 original sets....we changed for the second set. our third set was an acoustic set. it went over very well.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Good photos, I would definitely check out a show if you guys (and girl of course) hit the western US.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Niiice.

More chick pics tho

Comment

cool pics! Look at that holoflake!!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

your singer is so fucking hot

:poundit:
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

ah...lookie there...matching white shirts isnt that so cute

Nice pics man, good size stage...I like the bands logo too.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

hahahahaha, yeah, i know what you mean about the matching outfits and stuff....i thought it was stupid - but then promoters were booking us more. we thought it was weird. i am NOT saying we aren't good, but they liked the "show" aspect and the "professionalism".

we are getting more national shows now and playing the bigger stages. we had an offer to play one of the biggest venues in our area opening for a band, but we were already contracted to play another show - which ended up being shit. but once we sign the contract and know we are getting our guarantee, there's not much else we can do. hopefully that promoter will offer us another show soon....

but i have felt like "warrant" onstage a few times...but fuck it, it seems to be working. especially with the chick singer and the fact that we aren't a metal band!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Nice shots! Always great to see pics of people that at least look like they're pulling off a trouble-free gig and are really into the fun!
                There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Congrats on having fun with it Mark.
                  Looks like you are doing it right.
                  Totally digging the holoflake over here as well.
                  What a guitar.
                  What a girl too...
                  Seems like you've hit the magic formula!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Here is what I think. Pics look great, your gear looks top notch, your lead singer is hot and its VERY gay changing outfits between sets unless you are into that kind of thing. Maybe Tyra Banks can give you a consult? Of course.. if any or all of the members in the band are gay you can forget what I said...lol...
                    The only time I ever changed outfits between sets was the time I puked on myself doing shots of Jack between sets. Damn Mark. ...lol.....lol....lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      ah...lookie there...matching white shirts isnt that so cute

Nice pics man, good size stage...I like the bands logo too.
                      Yea Mark... nice band logo. It looks cool. Maybe it distracted the crowd enough to realize you changed outfits between sets. :ROTF:
                      Oh yea.. regarding the outfit changing... I would suggest you limit it to your lead singer. Have her start the gig in an ankle high dress and end the gig in a super short mini. That would keep the crowd there all night.
                      We had a stripper once that did shows with us. She would come up on stage and take as many clothes off as possible before the club owner would make her get off of the stage. It was very cool.
                      Anyway... thanks for the pics. Looks very professional. You guys look better in black btw...

Comment

actually, when we play clubs or halls, we don't change. we just did it for the crappy outdoor show under a picnic pavillion....

as far as the banner, we don't always use it....like when we played this show:

which, ironically enough was when i started thinking about us dressing different...because back when i posted these i got called gay for wearing short and a cowboy hat. HAHAHAHAHA...interesting. seems i can't with with you guys - tough crowd....much tougher than the ones we play for!!!

but i do prefer the black, but sometimes the white looks good, depending on who we're opening for....like if we are playing with a certain bay area goth-metal band that is a global act or mena brinno or other bands of that ilk (whom all wear matching outfits too), then the white adds a nice contrast to the ALL black of the night....

or if we open for bands that are total has beens, like a lot of hair bands, we may wear something more subdued so we don't look as stupid as they do....

just depends. but rest assurred, no one is gay - and if great white didn't ruin club pyro, we wouldn't need our banner to distract the crowd whilst we change!!!

hahahahahaha...
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Nice pics!
                          What are you wearing on your arms? The black sleeve things?
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            Nice pics!
                            What are you wearing on your arms? The black sleeve things?
                            i would guess they are neoprene support armbands or just giant sweatbands

Comment

Originally posted by elysianfield View Post
                              i would guess they are neoprene support armbands or just giant sweatbands

I see. Thanks for that.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X