Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would JCFers buy a mustang withour airbags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would JCFers buy a mustang withour airbags?

Been a while since I've posted something, been super fucking busy. I've been looking into some 5.0 foxbody's (mustangs), and I found a pretty badass mustang for a pretty good price, the only problem is that it doesn't have airbags. (87-89 don't, 90-93 do).

I'm curious if I would be making a stupid decision by purchasing a mustang without airbags.. and if the it would contribute to additional insurance pricing.

Let me know your truthful opinions!
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Don't be such a poof, buy it if you want it, airbags or not. You aren't planning on crashing it are you? Proper cars never had airbags back in the good old days, just put your seat belt on, they are the best safety device.
    Doesn't matter how many airbags there are, if you have no seat belt, you are going to get hurt - just ask Princess Diana.

If it bothers you that much about airbags, best stay away from nasty metal things like cars, you might get hurt. Better to stay at home in a cotton wool lined room, safe from any nastiness or risk.

Fuck it, BUY IT.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
      Don't be such a poof, buy it if you want it, airbags or not. You aren't planning on crashing it are you? Proper cars never had airbags back in the good old days, just put your seat belt on, they are the best safety device.
      Doesn't matter how many airbags there are, if you have no seat belt, you are going to get hurt - just ask Princess Diana.

If it bothers you that much about airbags, best stay away from nasty metal things like cars, you might get hurt. Better to stay at home in a cotton wool lined room, safe from any nastiness or risk.

Fuck it, BUY IT.
      At first, I said "Airbags are for pussies", but enough people bugged me to the point where I started thinkin about it. I almost bout a 69 camaro a while back and that thing didn't have airbags.

Anyways, where is the stang, in case anyone is wondering.

I would change those god awful rims though, I would get 17" black Cobra rims like these.

Shop Ford Mustang Wheels. Hand-picked by experts! Pay later or over time with Affirm. *Free Shipping on Orders Over $119*
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Buy it.
        These cars are torque monsters.
        Be prepared to buy new rear tires often.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Those things are fast as hell. You know the engines on those all have been beat to shit right? If you keep the original rated tires on it don't expect to drive it in the snow OR rain.

Comment

I had a stock '91 GT for most of the 90s (I never crashed it so I dont know if it had airbags LOL!). If you keep it stock and put 2 45lb flat wightlifting plates (available at any sports authoirty or Dick's) in the trunk over the rear wheels (they should fit neatly under the rear mat, it will drive much more smoothly on turns and will not fishtail unless you really want it to. Without that little trick, the damn things are fishtail kings even bone stock.

If you are going to drive like a relatively normal person, I would not worry too much about no airbags. If you plan on upping the hp, then I personally would get one with airbags. The make alot of bolt on stuff for those things that, wiht some other mods that plenty of guy do, can make those cars breath fire, but IMHO, ford never really designed those cars for more than 275-300hp (I mean, the Cobra model had under 300 IIRC), so body stiffeners etc. are a must. YMMV.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Airbags? we don't need no stinking airbags! Hell, Harley Riders don't even wear a helmet!

Comment

airbags are a nice safety feature.. mandatory? no. just dont crash

got no clue about aditional insurance though, since i'm not from the US.. but gotta say. old muscle cars look awesome. they dont drive half a shits worth, but they sure look and sound amazing
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

they dont drive half a shits worth, but they sure look and sound amazing
                  Those drive great as long as the ground is dry.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    Airbags? we don't need no stinking airbags! Hell, Harley Riders don't even wear a helmet!
                    That's because they have air between their ears!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Mmmmm fresh meat. Too bad you live in my old state or we'd race. I have a 1990 GTA.

I agree with everything that has been said. Even though the cars are different makes, all cars built around the same point in time seem to have the same performance and issues.

Comment

I'm sure it varies state-by-state, but a friend of mind had all kinds of problems here in VA when he bought an Infiniti without the airbags. There were title problems, annual inspection problems, and then when he tried to sell it there were more issues & hoops to jump through. He ended up losing a lot of money.

Comment

I've been looking at foxes again myself. I stupidly sold my low mile, mint condition 1990 LX a few years ago, and I've regretted it ever since. Airbags are the least of my concerns. The 1990 was the last year with forged pistons. The 91 and 92 have the weaker hypereutechtic pistons.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Airbags doesn't come into the equation. The car was designed without them, and it's not like the manufacturers didn't design any crash protection before airbags.

If you were talking about a car that originally had them but now doesn't (e.g., a car that was crashed and rebuilt without them), I'd say to forget it, but in this case, I wouldn't let the lack of airbags slow me down.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                              Airbags doesn't come into the equation. The car was designed without them, and it's not like the manufacturers didn't design any crash protection before airbags.

If you were talking about a car that originally had them but now doesn't (e.g., a car that was crashed and rebuilt without them), I'd say to forget it, but in this case, I wouldn't let the lack of airbags slow me down.

Sorry, disregard my post above. I misread the whole damn thread & thought the car had them originally. I agree with the others. Get it if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                              X