Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would JCFers buy a mustang withour airbags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
    metalchurch79, that is a nice little Rod. You dont see those much any more.
    Thanks man! I have alot of time in it for sure. It's a 1972 Maverick Grabber and it has a 1970 351 cleveland 4v and a wide ratio 4 speed toploader with a Hurst V gate inline shifter w/ reverse lockout. 1957 Ford 9 inch rear with an "N" case and 3:91 Detroit Lockers.
    It's lots of fun that's for sure
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
      Something a lot of people do not realize, is that the notcgback 5.0 lX's were faster than the GT's. They were about 300 pounds lighter. -Lou
      Fox freaks all know this.

The GT convertibles are the slowest, followed by the GTs. I know the notches are faster, and also stiffer, therefore great platforms for road racing after swapping in an SN95 independant rear suspension. However, my favourite is the LX hatch. Faster than the GT, but looks better than the notch.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        Oh yea.. its not really a zippy fast light to light car. Its more like a 60-140 car.
        Also, it has tremendous roll on performance at around 40mph and it rides so smooth. It should.. it weighs 3600lbs. Its extremely stable on the highway at ANY speed.
        To me.. its a super touring sports car.

So many times I've been close to getting one of those Supras, but I never could find one clean enough that I had to have it. It seems that around here, they are all beat to death, rusty, high mile cars.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Not gonna buy the black foxbody I posted earlier, it's a shit box interior wise...
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Who need interior? Besides if it's shitty looking, gut it out and it will be lighter and faster anyway.
            I'd buy that for sure man!

I had an 86 GT Stang that I gutted the interior out and put a 351 Cleveland in it. It was a fast ride for sure
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              Who need interior? Besides if it's shitty looking, gut it out and it will be lighter and faster anyway.
              I'd buy that for sure man!

I had an 86 GT Stang that I gutted the interior out and put a 351 Cleveland in it. It was a fast ride for sure
              He butchered the inside, he painted all on the dash and it looks really cheap and shitty, he didn't keep it in that good of condition. As weird as this sounds, I'd rather put my own mods on it too, he has flowmaster exhaust and I want to put SLP, suttle stupid things like that. I'd rather get a really really clean stock one than one with a shit load of mods that's b een abused.

I could just be crazy as fuck too!
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I agree. Smart move. Wait til the right one comes along.

Comment

Oh...the old "spray paint dash" technique:idea:

sounds like an Auto Zone special to me.
                  Smart move, cause most of those old Fox bodies were molested and abused anyway.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven

Comment

Definitely hard to find a nice one. I was blessed to find mine in Cleveland, that was an immaculate garage kept, never in snow unit at 33k. still sweet almost 20 yrs later.

They're around tho... Keep lookin... I almost have been driven to selling mine considering my personal economy crisis. I just know I'll lose my ass so bad I talk myself out of it...

Comment

In TX it is fairly easy to get 5.0s. Many LEO's used them for highway patrol so you can even go that route to get one. I want an pre-efi car so I can avoid emissions and that will also make it easier to run a 351.

Comment

Would JCFers buy a mustang withour airbags?

> Rollin'....in my 5.0......with my ragtop down so my hair can blow.....the girlies on standby waving just to say hi......did you stop?....... no I just drove by.......LOL Tommy D.
                        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Here's FFR MKII Cobra with my 5.0 and no airbags..no wipers either, pop up headlights..or stereo..ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi2yg...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45lr...eature=related

.. Let's go for a ride... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8fevzYRyY

There's lots of FFR vids on youtube. They're truly awesome..if you have the means, I highly recommend it!!

..and chicks dig it!!!

I also own a beatiful, fast "tweaked" Vette since 93'..with pop up headlights, it's ok..but guys and chicks like the Cobra MUCH MUCH MUCH more. Not to mention I can eat Vipers and Z06s all day long!!

Car&Driver review.. http://www.factoryfive.com/table/awa...anddriver.html

Can you say FAST, kick ass, pussy magnet!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have to say JG, I prefer N/A engines. turbos are another thing to go wrong imo, same with super chargers. Though, the head gasket issues have kind of scared me away from those.

Bill, have you ever taken the Cobra to a track? I bet that could pull it in the 10s-11s depending on how well you shift. I like 'vettes, and the C4 is not a bad Corvette, it just is not quite a head turner like the old Sting Rays (C2/C3) and not the badass, horsepower machines the C2s and C5/C6 are. The Callaway packages are pretty nice though on those C4.

Comment

Horns, that a nice FFR Cobra! Did you have it built for you, or did you complete it yourself? I really like the Cobra Daytona Coupes, which I think FFR makes one if I'm not mistaken?
                              Is your Cobra EFI, or carb?
                              T5 trans?
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                                I've been looking at foxes again myself. I stupidly sold my low mile, mint condition 1990 LX a few years ago, and I've regretted it ever since. Airbags are the least of my concerns. The 1990 was the last year with forged pistons. The 91 and 92 have the weaker hypereutechtic pistons.
                                Slight correction, 92 was the last year for forged pistons. 93 they went to hypereutectics
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X