Neon ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon ACR

Any JCF'rs have one?? I am mainly talking about the 1st gen models.
    I have been looking for one to buy for a few years now.

If you're talking about a neon colored Viper ACR then hell yes.

If you're talking about a Dodge Neon then NO.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
      If you're talking about a neon colored Viper ACR then hell yes.

If you're talking about a Dodge Neon then NO.

Yea, I am talking about the Dodge Neon. I am not talking about the Dodge Neon SRT4 that will smoke a Viper ACR from light to light any day of the week...

Comment

I live 70 miles away from Limerock so I have always been partial to the true Neon American Club Racer.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I am not talking about the Dodge Neon SRT4 that will smoke a Viper ACR from light to light any day of the week...
          Is that before or after the vinyls and NOS stickers?

I'm just kidding, I've never driven one so I can't say.

Big block V8 man here.

Comment

Is that before or after the vinyls and NOS stickers?

I'm just kidding, I've never driven one so I can't say.

Big block V8 man here.
            The little Neon SRT4 is a very fast little car. It can keep up with EVO's and STI's. When it first came out Chrysler mentioned that it was the fastest 0-60 car they had ever made. I was always a V8 guy myself.
            I was always partial to the 340 although I have owned the 273 Super Commando, the 360, the 383 and a host of other motors. The 1969 340 GTS Dart was an animal... so was the 1968 GTS 383 Dart. I could literally break the quarter glass doing a holeshot. I had to put large fender washers under the seat posts under the car to keep the drivers seat from ripping out of the floor.
            Now... I am partial to the tuner cars.. namely the ACR, the SRT4, the EVO and the STI. Of course.. I would settle for an M3 or an M5 or even an M7!!

Comment

Neon ACR's seem to be ripper track cars, loads of them in autocross by the looks. I always thought the srt4 would drive like a pig compared, but horsepower can never suck, right?

Comment

The little Neon SRT4 is a very fast little car. It can keep up with EVO's and STI's. When it first came out Chrysler mentioned that it was the fastest 0-60 car they had ever made. I was always a V8 guy myself.
                I was always partial to the 340 although I have owned the 273 Super Commando, the 360, the 383 and a host of other motors. The 1969 340 GTS Dart was an animal... so was the 1968 GTS 383 Dart. I could literally break the quarter glass doing a holeshot. I had to put large fender washers under the seat posts under the car to keep the drivers seat from ripping out of the floor.
                Now... I am partial to the tuner cars.. namely the ACR, the SRT4, the EVO and the STI. Of course.. I would settle for an M3 or an M5 or even an M7!!
                How's that possible if the Cuda was child of Mopar?

Sport wise I love me some American V8s, but German cars have recently become my favorite for daily drivers.

I got a 2009 E350 4matic that's just amazing.

Comment

The little Neon SRT4 is a very fast little car. It can keep up with EVO's and STI's
                  if you have a road which actually has some curves... then NO WAY it can... american cars suck when it comes to cutting corners
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    if you have a road which actually has some curves... then NO WAY it can... american cars suck when it comes to cutting corners

Tell that to the Corvette that slays European super cars that cost 2-5x as much on the track.

Comment

Tell that to the Corvette that slays European super cars that cost 2-5x as much on the track.
                      what Corvette against what cars and what track?

be specific before you start posting those dated pictures

I will be happy to race against you... me with Evo and you with SRT4 or that type
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

what Corvette against what cars and what track?

be specific before you start posting those dated pictures

I will be happy to race against you... me with Evo and you with SRT4 or that type
                        You're kidding man.

This isn't the 1970s. (Not to mention there's a modified 1970 Cuda that can molest just about any foreign car on the track: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/hot...uda/index.html) American cars are designed to handle as well.

The newer Pontiac GTOs and Dodge Challengers slay on tracks.

Not to mention the Dodge Viper is a pure track car.

Here's a video of a Z06 slaying a Ferrari F-430:

The Evo isn't even in the same league as the Vette.

I don't know if you've checked but the Corvette and Viper have been dominating the GT1 class (the highest class American cars are in) of the A.Le Mans for over a decade now.
                        Last edited by JacksonVHT; 11-26-2008, 03:31 AM.

Comment

why are you comparing an evo to a vette?

well if you go that way... let's race me with evo and you with a vette on WRC's Greek rally track

why are you bringing that type of car in to this anyway? What has SRT4 in common with a Corvette?

I can compare an old GMC truck to a brand new Bugatti too... what's the point.

Let's take same type of cars... which also belong to the same period.

Let me correct myself a lil' bit if you will... MOST american cars with FACTORY settings are horrible when it comes to cutting corners

I'm not saying that american cars suck... it's just they aren't very good when it comes to steering.

I have driven a factory SRT4 and I wasn't impressed how it performed in the corners. Not accurate at all, slow as hell while EVO is ridiculously sharp.

I love a cool hot rod mustang... I like its character, its sounds etc. but it's absolutely piece of shit in the corners... understand what I'm sayin'?

Comment

why are you comparing an evo to a vette?

well if you go that way... let's race me with evo and you with a vette on WRC's Greek rally track

why are you bringing that type of car in to this anyway? What has SRT4 in common with a Corvette?

I can compare an old GMC truck to a brand new Bugatti too... what's the point.

Let's take same type of cars... which also belong to the same period.

Let me correct myself a lil' bit if you will... MOST american cars with FACTORY settings are horrible when it comes to cutting corners

I'm not saying that american cars suck... it's just they aren't very good when it comes to steering.

I have driven a factory SRT4 and I wasn't impressed how it performed in the corners. Not accurate at all, slow as hell while EVO is ridiculously sharp.

I love a cool hot rod mustang... I like its character, its sounds etc. but it's absolutely piece of shit in the corners... understand what I'm sayin'?
                            Only concern of mine was "AMERICAN CARS SUCK AT CUTTING CORNERS."

Thus why I brought up a Z06 which is better than a huge lump sum of European super cars in most aspects.

Never drove an SRT4, but modern day American cars don't suck at handling at all.

The new GT500s are track slayers too.

No hard feelings otherwise.

Comment

no problem man... US track cars have great performance... although still not close to Lotus etc. if your really want to cut.

I just feel that the steering is not that great on us cars which have a strong engine but are non-track... maybe it's because I grew up driving go-carts and expect the car to cut so well and accurately that the road could be as wide as the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X