Clear All

Well, there's exceptions to the rule.

I can EAT Vipers and Z06s all day !!

Bang for the Buck..Facory 5 Cobra..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi2yg...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45lr...eature=related

.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMjp...eature=related

Let's go for a ride... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8fevzYRyY

There's lots of FFR vids on youtube. They're truly awesome..if you have the means, I highly recommend it!!

..and chicks dig it!!!

I also own a beatiful, fast "tweaked" Vette since 93'..
    Last edited by horns666; 11-26-2008, 11:54 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've never owned a Dodge/Plymouth Neon, though I quite liked them when they first came out. The cute and sporty aspects of it and high impact colour options struck a familiar chord with me. Chrysler's ad campaign for the lil' Neon was pretty successful.

If I were to get one, it would definitely be a '97 ACR coupe. It was a stripper model with all the goodies:
      Adjustable Koni shocks, beefier front and rear sway bars, non ABS four wheel disk brakes, 14" alloy rims with performance tires, unlimited-speed engine controller, bigger radiator, specially-geared transmission and tachometer.

Quoted from AllPar.com:
      Car & Driver recently did a skidpad and autocross between a 1997 Cobra, Saturn, Neon, and Miata. On race slicks, the Neon was the *only* car able to pull over 1G of lateral acceleration.
      That's quite an accomplishment, don't you think?

Get one and go racing, dude!

G.

Comment

Hey G...here it is.. http://www.factoryfive.com/table/awa...anddriver.html

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for that Horns, but I believe you erred as to the topic aspect regarding this thread: Neon ACR!
          G.

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
            Thanks for that Horns, but I believe you erred as to the topic aspect regarding this thread: Neon ACR!
            G.
            Yes, yes, I did..I skimmed over a couple key words and thought that it appiled. But at least there is another option for a great bang for the buck, brutaly fast sumbitch..

..and chicks dig it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              if you have a road which actually has some curves... then NO WAY it can... american cars suck when it comes to cutting corners
              I agree that an SRT4 couldn't keep up with an AWD STI or EVO in the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
                I've never owned a Dodge/Plymouth Neon, though I quite liked them when they first came out. The cute and sporty aspects of it and high impact colour options struck a familiar chord with me. Chrysler's ad campaign for the lil' Neon was pretty successful.

If I were to get one, it would definitely be a '97 ACR coupe. It was a stripper model with all the goodies:
                Adjustable Koni shocks, beefier front and rear sway bars, non ABS four wheel disk brakes, 14" alloy rims with performance tires, unlimited-speed engine controller, bigger radiator, specially-geared transmission and tachometer.

Quoted from AllPar.com:
                That's quite an accomplishment, don't you think?

Get one and go racing, dude!

G.
                Exactly. Thats exactly what I want. Its extremely difficult to find one that hasn't been butchered and raced to death though. I'll find one eventually.

Comment

Do those Neons come with a trunk full of head gaskets? Or was that fiasco limited to the stock engine?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
                    The newer Pontiac GTOs and Dodge Challengers slay on tracks.

Not to mention the Dodge Viper is a pure track car.
                    The GTO is aussie, the challenger is auto, the viper is a great hotrod, but doesnt have the balance or brakes to be competitive in alot of the production racing I've seen against the euros. It's gone downhill since they got rid of the sidepipes in ~95? That new acr could be hot, but after seeing its ring lap it still looks like a cunt to drive. American cars don't suck, just most of them. Theres still plenty of great track cars over there though. The Pontiac G8 GXP is pretty hot too

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      Do those Neons come with a trunk full of head gaskets? Or was that fiasco limited to the stock engine?
                      It was a minor issue on some of the 1st gen neon's limited to a few years. I have never heard of it being an issue in an ACR. The ACR was built specifically for the race track. With just a few minor upgrades you could slap a number on one and kick serious ass at the race track.

Comment

Working...
                      X