Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very surprising friend request for my Band Slavantas on Myspace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very surprising friend request for my Band Slavantas on Myspace.

Okay then, with our roots firmly in eighties terra firma when it comes to our music and our songs saluting Iron maiden and Iced Earth it's not that surprising that our band is causing quite a stirr.

SLAVANTAS's profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Based on our promo alone we attracted the likes of Metallica, Judas priest and Iron maiden as our friends.

But today I was not just a little surprised to find a friend request from, of all bands, Stryper

Stryper is a cool band I'll admit it. But they are polar opposites to what we with Slavantas are representing, not that we're satanic but we do sing about death, war and dispair, completely different from the upbeat songs of Stryper.

Still, I guess we DO have some common ground.

Metallica, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden remind me of the Bible.
    Just one book, though...Revelations!

I listen to epic metal like I watch horror movies.
    I don't believe a bit of it...it's just for the thrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
      Okay then, with our roots firmly in eighties terra firma when it comes to our music and our songs saluting Iron maiden and Iced Earth it's not that surprising that our band is causing quite a stirr.

SLAVANTAS's profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Based on our promo alone we attracted the likes of Metallica, Judas priest and Iron maiden as our friends.

But today I was not just a little surprised to find a friend request from, of all bands, Stryper

Stryper is a cool band I'll admit it. But they are polar opposites to what we with Slavantas are representing, not that we're satanic but we do sing about death, war and dispair, completely different from the upbeat songs of Stryper.

I hate to rain on your parade regarding your Myspace site but... my 16 year old daughter has every kick ass band on the planet as her Myspace friends and she isn't even in a band. She gets requests every day from top name acts. My band Fools Faith gets tons of requests too. 90% of the friends on our site.. including the ones with posters and other multimedia are from fans of the actual bands. We shut down all our personal Myspace pages because the friends request were way too time consuming.
      The requests you are getting are from those bands fans or fan clubs. This is how they built such large Myspace networks. I am 100% sure that the requests are not coming directly from the bands.
      I am totally stoked for you regarding how excited you are about your band. Thats really cool and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Comment

They're trying to convert you. My band has a new Myspace and I know nothing about it. Our bass player is all into it. All I know is back in the day, Stryper kicked some serious bible thumpin ass.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I got a Friend Request from Elvis!
          "POOP"

Comment

On the other hand...Yes...some bands/celebs do admin their own sites...Although I would doubt that a band like Iron Maiden does...I wouldn't be too shocked to find out Stryper does.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

They are all wanting to get Ade's phone number now he's on the market.

Be careful you are not being groomed online by nasty metal bands who want you to adjust the armadillos down their trousers.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post

those chicks look like dudes
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X