Just saw TSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw TSO

and I don't know if anyone else has ever had the chance to see them but all I can say is holy crap!!! Talk about giving 150%!!! I have seen probably 300 bands and they BY FAR had the best light/laser/pyrotechnics I have ever seen!!!

Incredible!!!
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Going Sunday, Dec. 7th with my oldest daughter, and we're bringing my parents as their Christmas present.

Seen them 4 times, and indeed, it's a hell of a show.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I saw them Saturday Night for the 3rd time in 4 years. Awesome Show but I was disappointed to see Chris Caffery playing Dean guitars.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
        I saw them Saturday Night for the 3rd time in 4 years. Awesome Show but I was disappointed to see Chris Caffery playing Dean guitars.

I noticed that. I saw Savatage about 10 years ago and he only played Jacksons then. Strange.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

He was playing Jacksons as recently as 2 years ago when I last saw TSO.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

The wife and I have seen them for the past 6 years. They always put on a great show. We are missing them this year, though. 2 Reasons... Anna is on the East Coast tour and they don't get to Dallas until Jan 3rd or 4th... After travelling all over creation to see the parents and inlaws I will be OUT of the Christmas spirit by then. :ROTF:

Great show, nonetheless! See them if you get a chance!

Comment

It's official - I am an old fart. I have absolutely no fucking idea who you are talking about.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                It's official - I am an old fart. I have absolutely no fucking idea who you are talking about.
                Trans Siberian Orchestra

YouTube 'em

Comment

I've seen them three times and they just get better and better! Something for the whole family!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                    I noticed that. I saw Savatage about 10 years ago and he only played Jacksons then. Strange.
                    Not that strange; Dean will pay you for an endorsement, Jackson won't. Chris probably needs the money and had to get a paid endorsement.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Here's an example 'wizards in winter' set to some really cool sequenced christmas lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oVo...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s43fw...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJISY...eature=related

While I do think these examples are really cool ,I'm also glad I don't live next door to someone like this ,it makes me think of christmas vacation every time.

Cheers
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Not that strange; Dean will pay you for an endorsement, Jackson won't. Chris probably needs the money and had to get a paid endorsement.

I can't imagine he'd need the money. TSO has been touring for ten years now and constantly sell out whatever venue they play at. Recently the band left a 10,000 dollar tip to a waitress in some restaurant.... Can't recall the details though....

Comment

It's the perfect music for Christmas, ahem. That is all.

Comment

Saw them a few weeks ago. Had 4th row seats.

The lights/lasers/pyro get better and better every year.

However, the fake smiles, especially from Angus Clark, are really lame. The bass player looked like he didn't want to be there. Al Pitrelli jacked up his leg and sat during the whole show.

What I don't like is that the volume level is so controlled and low and even that there's little to no "oomph" in the overall sound. The guitars are almost textural and not up front enough. Everyone is a great musician and the performance is always flawless but it's almost a little too fake.

Angus did play a nice custom 2 hum, string thru RR with pinstripes though. No pickguard either.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Something for the whole family!
                              that's probably why I've never went to see them
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X