X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WalMart Employee Trampled to Death

Wal-Mart Worker Dies in New York ‘Black Friday’ Store Stampede

By Chris Dolmetsch

Nov. 28 (Bloomberg) -- A worker at a Wal-Mart in Long Island, New York, was killed when a throng of shoppers broke down the doors to the store early this morning and knocked him to the ground, according to local police and the company.

The event involved a temporary worker and was “a tragic situation,” Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world’s biggest retailer, said in a statement. “The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority.”

At least four other shoppers were hurt in the melee at the Valley Stream store, about 13 miles (20 kilometers) east of New York City, Nassau County Police said in a statement. The injured include a 28-year-old pregnant woman who was taken to a nearby hospital for observation and three people who suffered minor wounds, police said.

The 34-year-old worker, who wasn’t identified by police, was knocked down by the crowd shortly after 5 a.m. local time and taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., the police statement said. The county medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

The man was working for a temporary agency on the company’s behalf, Wal-Mart said in the statement. He was trying to hold back the crowd of about 200 people when he was trampled, the New York Daily News reported, citing witnesses. Shoppers continued to file into the store as emergency workers tried to save the man, the newspaper said.

Store Closed

The store was later closed by police, the Daily News said.

WTF?

I left the house this morning and arrived at the Super Wal-Mart in Bossier City, LA at 5:45 A.M. I needed just a few items to get me through the weekend. As I entered the turning lane, it was a sea of cars in all directions. People were parked in a nearby field, in the adjacent gas station parking lot, and across the street in an apartment complex parking lot. On top of that, it was pouring down raining!

Mr G spotted an exit and beat feat for home! Screw that madness!
    "POOP"

Comment

Sickening. I like to think that eventually, maybe a hundred years from now, Christmas and all this Black Friday baloney will be eliminated. Trample a fellow human being to death to buy a crappy piece of electronic gear that's not worth more than a couple of cents on the dollar in the first place- the Gods of Karma have their work cut out for them bigtime. Turn off your damn tv or get rid of it like I did, go outside and do some work, play your guitar till you fall asleep with it in your arms, stop short in this rat race and look around and realize we are all in this life together. Nuts!

Comment

A person lost their life because a bunch of idiots looking to save a penny bum-rushed the store.
        Merry Fucking Christmas!

Sad thing is, none of these moronic losers will be charged with manslaughter - which is exactly what it is.
        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
        --horns666 - 12/29/08
        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

I just read this seconds before seeing this thread. It makes your stomach lurch to here someone was killed in the greed of material items. The sad thing is I doubt anyone will ever be convicted.
          Gear:
          Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
          Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
          Ibanez RG320
          Ensanada Acoustic
          Peavey Bandit 112
          Soon to Be:
          Pedals!

Comment

In-fricking-sane.

All 200 of those people should be hauled in and charged. Or at the very least, be forced to go to the funeral.

Idiots.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

That's pretty fucked up.
              You know you're the trashiest of white trash when you start a stampede in Walmart!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actual Picture
                Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 11-28-2008, 03:29 PM.
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  That's pretty fucked up.
                  You know you're the trashiest of white trash when you start a stampede in Walmart!
                  A Sad Day indeed.. SOunds like a lawsuit to me..

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Actual Picture
                    I just can't even rationalize this no matter how hard I try.

I could see this happening if the night club is on fire, but to get a deal on some Chinese crap?

Comment

What a bunch of animals, it's saddening to say the least, but I'll leave it to Karma to take care of this one. But, there is security footage and there HAS to be someone, if not a dozen held responsible. WTF's wrong with people?

Eye for an eye... That's my judicial system!

My wife told me about this an hour or so ago and said the pregnant lady lost her baby, so that's 2 lives lost in this fucking deal!
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

That's pretty fucked up.
                        Where is the white trash?

Comment

That's pretty fucked up.
                          Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                          Where is the white trash?
                          No shit. I live in north NJ and heard this story on the news radio station 1010 WINS. They said it happened in Valley Stream. I knew it wasn't white trash. I used to deliver to the Valley Stream A&S when I was a truck driver.
                          Last edited by StukaJU87; 11-28-2008, 04:41 PM.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Perhaps there is one right above the lady wearing something yellow. He's the culprit!!!!

Comment

Black Friday..

human pollution..who needs it.

People are much too broke in Cleveland for "doorbusters"..its on the news how much of a flop it was. Best Buy had some promo on a laptop, that's about it..and it wasn't any steal.
                              Last edited by horns666; 11-28-2008, 06:08 PM.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X