Pneumonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumonia

It sucks. In a major way. My two little girls and I all have it right now. Rough stuff.

Do everything you can to stay healthy boys and girls - there's some nasty stuff going around this season.

My Grade 8 teacher got pneumonia. He was out for a month and a half. We had an amazing sub so all was good. Luckily, I've yet to get pneumonia, it definitely sounds like a rough time. Get better soon!
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

How old are your girls dude?
      That stuff could be devastating on children. I don't mean to scare you.

ABs I presume and breathing treatments? (albuterol, etc.)

Hope you all get better soon.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Be CAREFUL..I got it 6 years ago..didn't know I had it for a couple of MONTHS before I found out what it was. 2 months of antibiotics did nothing. Took SURGERY to get rid of it. I have a 12 inch incision, where they went in between my ribs, took out my lung, and scraped the crap off of it, then put in chest tubes to clean out the inside. I almost died. No shit. I was only 34. It's nothing to fuck with.

Comment

Hopefully you can get rid of it soon....

Comment

Pneumonia/bronchitus got me bounced out of the Police Academy at the VERY end after I'd passed everything but the 1.5 mile run...

Took 5-6 weeks to even get close to better...

No fun... for sure.

Comment

Christ I never realised pneumonia was so common. I hope you and your girls get better very soon shreddermon.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I was in New York for a month back in February doing some work. One week into my stay, I got ill, some kind of airway infection, pneumonia I suspect. I'm only rarely ill, my last sick day was four years before this, so I didn't go see a doctor. Also, I wasn't sure how my travel insurance worked and I though I just had a cold... I was ill for the rest of my stay and it took a week of antibiotics to kill it. I was completely drained for a long, long time. I'm not going to take any chances like that again...

Anyways, I wish you and your family a speedy recovery!

Comment

My girls are only 6 and 3. I know this stuff isn't controllable but, on some level, it makes me feel like a failure as a parent.

I'm also letting a lot of people down at work during a crucial time.

Yeah, anit-biotics and inhalents all around. Plus one had to get steriods for her respiratory system.

Cleve- very sorry to hear that. I had no idea you got bounced. It truly sucks to have happened because of an illness. Not much fairness in that.

Comment

Get well soon!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Pnuemonia isn't hard to get sometimes depending on the situation... The colds/flu's that go around these days are much harder than they used to be. Takes steroids, inhalants, antibiotics and time...

Absolutely nothing about being a failure as a parent WHATSOEVER. Please don't even think about things that way, you can't help these thing no matter what.

As for me... Yeah, major suckage on the academy. 7 months of hell, this wasn't no punk college academy, it was Cleveland's and they don't play there (think 7 month of ass busting military basic training). Getting sick at the end was (is) very very for me to deal with mentally on a personal level.

Good luck with the lil ones, my son got it at 4 because a doctor missed it when he had a bad cold. Takes a lot out of them. Breathing stuff is a nightmare really, and when you're little, it's beyond scary. I had a lot of troubles with that stuff as a kid and I remember being on the verge of a panic, feeling like you're drowning of sufficating. Very frightening stuff for kids.

They're in my thoughts.

Comment

Yeesh..I had bronchitus for three months right after I stopped smoking for many years. That was ridiculous..man, did I feel so run down.

Hang in there, they'll get better..just take care and ride it out. Nothing much you can do. My nephews had it for a while..they're just peachy now. but they always get sick from school..I hate that!!

Postive vibes sent!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Back around 1990 or so, I went to Ireland for 2 weeks in July or August for vacation. It was hot as hell here in NJ and I was totally unprepared for the weather there. I got sick one week in and when I got home a week later it felt like I was on my way out. Had pneumonia. Caught it fairly early and was back to work in a couple weeks.

Hope you guys get well soon!
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's some scary shit. Right now two of my three are sick at home. Wife took them to the doc already. I feel like shit right now too, but living off of strong coffee and cafine.

Comment

I didn't even know it was contagious until a few years ago. I thought it just happened if you were exposed to the elements for too long.
                              JBguitars, that is some F'ed up shit!
                              I got a pneumonia shot last year. Anyone else get the shot?

Comment

Working...
                              X