No announcement yet.

I could be getting free cable !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look - if you want to steal cable, then steal cable.
    Just don't try to justify it and say it's right.
    I can only weed my own garden.
    You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
    You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
    --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
    --horns666 - 12/29/08
    I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
    --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      Joelski, you're talking about "over the air" analog which will become digital and all the "rabbit-ear" antenna's will stop working. I'm not using one of those. I'm plugging my tv into the cable connection in the new house and I'm getting free cable. But just until channel 109. I need to find a way to tap into the higher than 125 channel numbers.

No. Where I live, in order to view digital cable, you need a converter box. The regular, ATC stuff works fine with just the wire going into the TV... Until Feburary when the Analog to Cable feeds get shut-down and everything becomes digital. Granted, Time Warner is handing out coupons for discounted D/A converter boxes, but as digital is bi-directional, the cable companies will have a tighter rein on their services.
      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
        Look - if you want to steal cable, then steal cable.
        Just don't try to justify it and say it's right.
        I can only weed my own garden.
        Look, if you don't don't like it, then don't read the thread... Go away.

We're having a conversation and don't need the preaching. We're adults and realize what we're talking about.

What purpose is it for you to have to be here with your unwanted input? So you feel good about yourself being the internet cable avenger? Ugh....

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Allright dude. Settle down. You're right, we're wrong. I will pay for the cable. If I steal cable, a multi-billion dollar monopoly comcast will go bankrupt.

You sir, are a terrible terrible person...

I now offically blame all the world's ills on your F-connector that is plugged into the cable system...

I hope you feel good about yourself... :ROTF:

Comment

Have you read the pamphlet "So You've Decided To Steal Cable" ?

Awesome Simpsons episode!

"Nothing a month?...yeah, I think we can swing that" -Homer Simpson

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Woot! Ron's Back!! How's it goin buddy? Yeah, I've decided to steal cable...until I schedule a comcast cable appointment in a few days when they're gonna come by and shut it off.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                No. Where I live, in order to view digital cable, you need a converter box. The regular, ATC stuff works fine with just the wire going into the TV... Until Feburary when the Analog to Cable feeds get shut-down and everything becomes digital. Granted, Time Warner is handing out coupons for discounted D/A converter boxes, but as digital is bi-directional, the cable companies will have a tighter rein on their services.
                The cable company can broadcast whatever type of signal they want to. They are not subject to the February deadline. The reason you need a box for digital cable is because your TV doesn't have a digital tuner built-in and/or they have encrypted the channels.

Comcast has no plans to shut off analog channels, but they are moving them one by one over to digital-only plans. Time Warner may be different, but it has nothing to do with the digital switchover in February.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                  You sir, are a terrible terrible person...

I now offically blame all the world's ills on your F-connector that is plugged into the cable system...

I hope you feel good about yourself... :ROTF:
                  I missed this post. Yes, John, I've tumbled way down and fell in the arms of the devil himself.

ok, a small update. I'm actually getting free internet. that explains why I can get the basic channels.

My kid does not eat unless her fav nursery rhymes are playing on youtube. In desperation, I connected the cable modem which I had from my old apartment and I'm getting internet. She's happy, I'm happy. However, if I connect my laptop to the modem, Internet is fine. But if I connect a router, to the modem, I cant get the internet to work. I guess its not going to last too long. I will order the 1Mbps connection that Spivonious was talking about.
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X