Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best live tone of the year goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best live tone of the year goes to...

... Doug Aldrich... today it was just WOW!!!

can't get much thicker singing lead tone that this... and it was Les Paul + Marshall
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

DUDE!!! I absofuckinglutely demand that you shall make a review of that live. Because i love reading your reviews, then i can kinda relive that show again + i think ppl here might be interested in it as well.

Comment

dude I don't bother writing reviews anymore... but maybe I can do a review about the opening band... it would be short and pretty straight eheee... I already managed to mail Uriah with my comments about that band
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Before I clicked in here I said to myself, my vote would be Aldrich!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
          Before I clicked in here I said to myself, my vote would be Aldrich!
          dude, Doug always always has had one of my fav. tones but this time it was something else... no words to describe how good it was... and he plays and sounds better live than on the albums in my opinion

Comment

I saw him with Dio in a large outdoor arena... He did have great tone there as well. I actually think I saw that they were newer Marshalls lined up onstage... 900/2000s? I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
              I saw him with Dio in a large outdoor arena... He did have great tone there as well. I actually think I saw that they were newer Marshalls lined up onstage... 900/2000s? I was impressed.
              right now he is using a bunch of modified plexis... Cameron stuff and whatnot... but no matter what he is using... he makes it sound good... even the amps I really hate

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

He's playing and tone was so good that it made me fn cry. They sounded awesome and i was especially blown away how good was David's singing.

Comment

The best live guitar tone of the year for me goes to Joe Don from Rascal Flats. He was playing a wall of Bogner Ecstacy 101B's. His guitar tone was crystal clear, warm, tones of gain and an incredible clean tone. His solo tone was absolutely perfect. Actually the entire band had the best overall live and loud tone I have ever heard live. The only live performance that I have ever been to that was as clear was Yanni.
                    Just to qualify that statement.. I saw a ton of bands this year including VH.
                    A close second goes to CC Deville this year playing out of Crate amps.

Comment

Are Doug's Marshalls Suhr modded?
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                        Are Doug's Marshalls Suhr modded?
                        He has usually 3 or 4 amps, one could be modded by John, I'm not sure if it's on the road with him, one is definitely modded by Mark Cameron which is one of his main ones (it has the special Aldrich mod), and then there's some other type of mods too done by different guys.

But no matter what amp... he still gets that creamy, smooth, thick, phat tone, not much hi end but it still has a lot of bite and cuts through incredibly well.

Now Reb was a long time user of Suhr modded Marshalls but changed them for those CAE heads which are also made by John.

Comment

Working...
                        X