No announcement yet.

fuggin' Squirrel in my basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I read somewhere that skunks dig multiple entrances (or exits, depending on your view). Hell, send Bill over there. With his skunk striped goatee, they may think Skunkzilla has moved in and they'll run for cover!
    "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post

Maybe I'll play 80 hair music in the house and drive them away. I think their black or hispanic skinks...
      Actually, that *might* work. It's a way to get raccoons to move out of an attic; although you might have a harder time with them being outside...

And you could try one of those rescue groups ...
      WarPig____________________________________________
      "Live every day as if it were your last...
      ...one day it will be."

Comment

• Luckily, there's only one way in. There's cement around the rest of the foundation. May have to cement this up and let them die in there... Or maybe they'll dig a seriously long tunnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          Stuka, if you had released that grey squirrel in the wild over here in the UK, you would have comitted an offence. They are non-indigenous animals so legally have to be killed. They are responsible for the decline of the native red squirrel, a far more timid creature.
          We have red squirrels in the USA as well. The ones in Maine will castrate a grey squirrel if they catch him in their territory. Maine greys seem to be lacking in the intelligence department as well (at about 10 to 1 in informal roadkill counts).

Jersey squirrels, on the other hand, have 'tude - as Scott will testify! Maybe that's why I've never seen a red squirrel in Jersey...
          ...one day it will be."

Comment

• I wonder about the rescue group. Wonder if they would come into Cleveland.

For inner city ghetto, in about the middle of downtown Cleveland, we seriously have a shitload of squirrels, skunks, possums and racoons here, even deer!

I live near a grouping of railroad tracks that are lay in a swath of land 1/4 to 1/2 mile wide, and that goes unfettered for at least 60-70 miles out into the country going one way, and probably the same the other way. All bush and trees except the tracks, it's like a wildlife highway through the city. Always deer coming up through there...

They'd rescue a LOT of animals if they came this way.

Comment

Luckily, there's only one way in. There's cement around the rest of the foundation. May have to cement this up and let them die in there... Or maybe they'll dig a seriously long tunnel.
              Not a good idea. They will either tunnel, or worse, die under the house, and the dirt will NOT protect you from the smell of rot. We had a groundhog expire (from old age, I believe) in its burrow under our house, and for about three weeks our basement smelled of rotting corpse. Yummy.
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

• The house is empty right now, fuck em... haha...

Comment

Luckily, there's only one way in. There's cement around the rest of the foundation. May have to cement this up and let them die in there... Or maybe they'll dig a seriously long tunnel.

CM,
                  I've never had to try it, but it seems to me that if you hang a homemade door on the outside of their entrance point(chamfering the sides and bottom, so it can't be nudged open). Then use 'piano' hinge that would only allow for them to leave(no re addmitance).

Anyways that's just a thought, should cost less then 10-15$ too.

Good luck,
                  Jay
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I wonder about the rescue group. Wonder if they would come into Cleveland.
                    Wouldn't hurt to ask. If nothing else, they may be able to tell you how to encourage the little stinkers to go live under someone else's house.
                    ...one day it will be."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      CM,
                      I've never had to try it, but it seems to me that if you hang a homemade door on the outside of their entrance point(chamfering the sides and bottom, so it can't be nudged open). Then use 'piano' hinge that would only allow for them to leave(no re addmitance).

Anyways that's just a thought, should cost less then 10-15$ too.

Good luck,
                      Jay
                      Once they were out, you could cement up the hole.

And how do you know if they are out? Spread baby powder or flour around the exit area; when you see footprints (are you dealing with one or many?), you know they are outside.
                      ...one day it will be."

Comment

These, have a nice dry space... My basement crawlspace under my rental, haha....
                        You heard of word association right? Weeeeell, when I see the word "crawl-space", I always think "serial killer". Whaddaya say Pogo?
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                          CM,
                          And the first thing that skunk would say "if it had a Floyd Rose, I'd be all over it!"
                          "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                            We have red squirrels in the USA as well. The ones in Maine will castrate a grey squirrel if they catch him in their territory.
                            If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that, I'd make Donald Trump look like a pauper! Over the years, I've asked several wildlife biologists if there was any truth to that and they said no truth whatsoever. Here's a link with a description of several species of squirrels in the U.S.

"POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                              This is how panic and rumors are started.
                              "POOP"

Comment

• "It takes pretty big balls to enter someone's house through the chimney, and I got 'em"
                                Last edited by StukaJU87; 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM.
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X