No announcement yet.

Wouldn't Trade My Childhood For Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I am 16 and it's so true! -Today's generation blows! Listening to Ratt right now, I can only imagine how much freedom the youth had back then without all the b.s. regulations! I mean everything from the music, the cars, people in general, and of course the guitars were just better. Today it seems like there is a settlement or lawsuit for EVERYTHING and everyone forgot how to be practical or use common sense. It's weird because I've been stereotyped as the "Old-School" kid for playing old hair metal songs at school, but it's like come on man, the music, TV, and radio, and internet are just full of crap nowadays! I personally only know about 8-Tracks, and Rock Videos before MTV because of my dad, but seriously, society has lost it's grip on fun!...Man, I wish I had a time machine!
    Last edited by Mr.Shreddy; 12-29-2008, 04:16 PM.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

I forgot all about the van ~K~ that thing was awesome too. I really would'nt trade the era I grew up in for anything, times were much simpler, and I remenber them fondly.

Comment

But I think the modern world has a one good side. Now that the world is overcrowded but the youngsters live in their antisocial bubbles, can't talk, communicate face to face, no way they are getting laid, birth problem solved.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          Carefull SG, some members find this to be offensive. Hehehehehehehehehe ,hell they taught us to in the boy scouts. This thread has made me laugh and feel older then I felt before reading it ! 8 tracks - hell yeah, lawn darts were awesome, and camping and going to the lake and skipping school and getting drunk with your friends(ok I still do that). I remember staying up all night for no reason and before mtv, only on friday night - there was some program with videos - yup rock videos, going fishing and playing hockey and football, reading books and talking directly to people(no e-mail, texting or whatever else there is now !)

My children have no idea of how it used to be, and so the cycle continues ..........
          Now that's a memory, sneaking out to the living room to watch Don Kirschners rock concert I loved it when Kiss was on there. I think they were even on Soul Train once God Bless Don Cornelius Fuck i'm feeling old

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            But I think the modern world has a one good side. Now that the world is overcrowded but the youngsters live in their antisocial bubbles, can't talk, communicate face to face, no way they are getting laid, birth problem solved.
            Hahaha
            Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
              Wow I am 16 and it's so true! -Today's generation blows! Listening to Ratt right now, I can only imagine how much freedom the youth had back then without all the b.s. regulations! I mean everything from the music, the cars, people in general, and of course the guitars were just better. Today it seems like there is a settlement or lawsuit for EVERYTHING and everyone forgot how to be practical or use common sense. It's weird because I've been stereotyped as the "Old-School" kid for playing old hair metal songs at school, but it's like come on man, the music, TV, and radio, and internet are just full of crap nowadays! I personally only know about 8-Tracks, and Rock Videos before MTV because of my dad, but seriously, society has lost it's grip on fun!...Man, I wish I had a time machine!
              I get labeled as "old-school" too. I wear plain, normal clothes (Everyone at my school wears flashy stuff), listen to music that isn't popular, I don't party, and I ignore trends. I completely agree on everything being crap nowadays. People can't do anything for themselves anymore. My biology teacher has fill-in-the-blank notes and people still can't do them! People always ask what to put in the blanks when she makes word-for-word powerpoints that you read and add the missing word to the sentence. My dad also has all of the old 8-tracks and I learned about some thing from my brother.

I always hear my parents and aunts and uncles talk about how much fun they had and it really makes me sad that I don't get to experience that. I wish people would stop being so serious all of the time.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Wearing T-shirts that were two sizes too small as guys and getting on the roof of Alpha Beta and throwing eggs at your friend's conversion vans you know the ones with murals and the side bubble windows as well as those AMC Pacers... thats old school.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                  Now that's a memory, sneaking out to the living room to watch Don Kirschners rock concert I loved it when Kiss was on there. I think they were even on Soul Train once God Bless Don Cornelius Fuck i'm feeling old
                  Actually, I think KISS was on Midnight Special and they did Black Diamond. Even before Rock Concert, you had In Concert! Fucking hell, I thought I had died and gone to heaven when they had the California Jam! Deep Purple, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, yeehawwwwwwwwwww!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    I get labeled as "old-school" too. I wear plain, normal clothes (Everyone at my school wears flashy stuff), listen to music that isn't popular, I don't party, and I ignore trends. I completely agree on everything being crap nowadays. People can't do anything for themselves anymore. My biology teacher has fill-in-the-blank notes and people still can't do them! People always ask what to put in the blanks when she makes word-for-word powerpoints that you read and add the missing word to the sentence. My dad also has all of the old 8-tracks and I learned about some thing from my brother.

I always hear my parents and aunts and uncles talk about how much fun they had and it really makes me sad that I don't get to experience that. I wish people would stop being so serious all of the time.
                    Exactly! -People nowadays wear those god-ugly stupid pattern rap sweaters and think everything is hard and a test. Like when we are taking powerpoint notes and they don't know what to write down! -But yeah todays trends are crap, like i really care if someone can text message really fast, can you have an actual conversation with someone? Yeah I also agree with you on the popular music situation as well. I was wearing a Cinderella tour T-Shirt and people were like "Wow, you look retarded in that old-ass shirt and torn jeans, you should find 2008" But I didn't care because they were wearing their jeans around their ankles and their T-shirts were four sizes too big and they had those ridiculous chains that hang so low they would get caught in a bicycle rack. Whatever happened to blasting "Panama" in the high-school parking lot after the last bell? Now it's just Ghetto-blasting rap while cussing other people out while speeding out of the school. -Yeah I was born in the wrong decade man!
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

I want to take a second and make sure i haven't pissed off any young JCF members. You guys are great and I'll be the first to admit, even this old dawg learns new stuff from "the younguns." Best advice I can give ya is to stay young as long as you can! Being a grownup ain't everything it's cracked up to be!
                      "POOP"

Comment

I wish to be 10 again
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          I want to take a second and make sure i haven't pissed off any young JCF members. You guys are great and I'll be the first to admit, even this old dawg learns new stuff from "the younguns." Best advice I can give ya is to stay young as long as you can! Being a grownup ain't everything it's cracked up to be!
                          Oh YEAH!!! No prob SEEGERMANY! every weekend I am at my friend's house with the band and all we do is PLAY!!! I am very glad to be 16, and plan to cherish every moment of my youth while I still can! - GO OUT AND ROCK!!! -And no you haven't pissed me off (haha) ,I learn a lot from you guys as well! Especially about guitars and techniques! I am very glad to be a part of this and thank you for letting us be a part of it!
                          Last edited by Mr.Shreddy; 12-29-2008, 04:43 PM.
                          Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            That's a damned lie!

Remember wooden tennis rackets?

Before backhoes, we used sharpshooters.

Remember black & white TV?

If you don't remember Red Skelton, boy have you missed out on "true" comedy.

8-tracks

Visiting grandparents who didn't have indoor plumbing. Ever wiped your ass with a corn cob or a page from the Sears Roebuck catalog?

Rotary dial phones

Column shift vehicles

Filling up the gas tank on a Honda SL 125 for $.32

Watching The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show

Silly Putty and Slinkys

The Mod Squad, Combat and The Rat Patrol

$.25 lunches at school, extra $.25 would get ya an Icee, a candy bar, and some bubble gum after school.

Banana seat bikes (yea fuckers, we started BMX)

Going to church on Wednesday nights, twice on Sunday, and Monday night choir practice whether you wanted to or not.

Riding the school bus.

Model airplanes and ships (build them then blow them up with firecrackers)

Cokes in glass bottles, 6 1/2 oz, 10 oz, and 16 oz ($.05 refund on empties)

Leisure suits

Remember when McDonald's hamburgers were $.19 each?

Remember when Playboy and Penthouse were the only skin magazines?

Remember Christmas tree forts?

And finally, no computers, no Internet, no cell phones. Give us a pile of dirt, a spoon, some plastic army men, and we could entertain ourselves for hours. We had wonderful imaginations!

Add to the list, I know you can!
                            Hell yeah! Excluding the car/gas references and McDonalds (the nearest one was about 50 miles away), this takes me back and I'm only 27!

How about:

hunting with air rifles
                            biking to the next town and back
                            swimming at midnight
                            hiking at dawn
                            snorkels and spearguns
                            fishing trips that lasted 10 hours where you only catch 1 fish
                            parties with a case of beer, a getto blaster and a few tapes
                            footy at the park
                            getting pissed on the beach

Good times
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I wish to be 10 again
                              Me too brother.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                                Exactly! -People nowadays wear those god-ugly stupid pattern rap sweaters and think everything is hard and a test. Like when we are taking powerpoint notes and they don't know what to write down! -But yeah todays trends are crap, like i really care if someone can text message really fast, can you have an actual conversation with someone? Yeah I also agree with you on the popular music situation as well. I was wearing a Cinderella tour T-Shirt and people were like "Wow, you look retarded in that old-ass shirt and torn jeans, you should find 2008" But I didn't care because they were wearing their jeans around their ankles and their T-shirts were four sizes too big and they had those ridiculous chains that hang so low they would get caught in a bicycle rack. Whatever happened to blasting "Panama" in the high-school parking lot after the last bell? Now it's just Ghetto-blasting rap while cussing other people out while speeding out of the school. -Yeah I was born in the wrong decade man!
                                You hate the pattern covered crap and oversized clothes too? YES!! Finally, someone in my age bracket who agrees with me.

I get the same loud rap music blasting at my school too. All the rich kids in their cars daddy bought them that are modded so they sound like lawn mowers and have stereos loud enough to make people go deaf. Does your school have people who wear those jeans that are so tight that they look like spandex? I swear that one day those pants are gonna burst.
                                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                                X