Wouldn't Trade My Childhood For Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

And on those rainy days, you'd call a few friends, and then hone your skills at taking other people's money! I was talking to Paul (heartfielder) and he said that Monopoly is now electronic. Instead of having "play" money, all transactions are performed using credit cards. Ain't that a fucking dandy! The country is going down the tubes because of bad credit and look what we're teaching our youth! Yeehaw!
    But the fun in that game is when you absolutely demolish the people you're playing against and you wave your big stack of bright coloured fake money around.

Our Monopoly set was bought in the 80's and it's so worn out. I used to play that game every night with my dad at the lake and he never won yet he destroyed me at every other board game. I always created "Death Row". I'd buy Boardwalk and Park place, all the green properties and even the railroad. I would then put hotels on everything. It ended so may games.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Originally posted by ejpii View Post
      I don't think I saw the T.V. show Sigwin and the Sea Monster in there.

EJ
      I think it was "Sigmund". How about HR Puffenstuff? Land of the Lost?

"Marshall, Will and Holly. On a routine expedition. Met the greatest earthquake ever known. High upon the rapids it struck their tiny raft. (ahhhhhhhhhhh!) and plunged them down a thousand feet below - to the Land of the Lost!"
      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
      --horns666 - 12/29/08
      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Other board games,
        Chutes and Ladders, Mousetrap, Candyland

SLINKYS!!!

Silly Putty.

Comment

• the best game was truth or dare with a bottle... when there were many girls in the game my first question for a girl usually was "make an order based on who you'd have sex with, including the girls"
          Last edited by Endrik; 01-04-2009, 02:23 PM.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Ultraman...Speed Racer.... Johnny Saco and his flying robot...The new zoo review....Saturday afternoon Godzilla movies....Don Kirshners rock concert (probably miss spelled). I remember watching the first video on MTV, sitting in front of the TV waiting for MTV to start it's first ever video (Video Killed The Radio Star), That's when MTV was good!
            Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

• Miami Vice! still no other tv show doesn't come close to it visually, what an awesome cinematography and editing it had, it looked like Duran Duran's music videos
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by ejpii View Post
                Originally Posted by Jayster
                You guys are starting to make me think you had the roach clips with a feather on them,
                hanging from the rearview of your t-topped trans ams !!!

I did but it was a 81 Camaro.

EJ
                You didn't have one? You weren't cool then..
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Speaking of cars, if you couldn't get "the nook" with this, you might as well become a monk!
                  This is what I drove in high school. Mine was even the same color. I got my fair share...
                  Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

And on those rainy days, you'd call a few friends, and then hone your skills at taking other people's money! I was talking to Paul (heartfielder) and he said that Monopoly is now electronic. Instead of having "play" money, all transactions are performed using credit cards. Ain't that a fucking dandy! The country is going down the tubes because of bad credit and look what we're teaching our youth! Yeehaw!
                    I bought this for my niece for Christmas, the electronic version. My sister told me that all the properties have newer names and you start with 15 million. Freaking inflation !

One of my favorite cartoons from the late 70's or early 80's was bugs bunny in a transylvanian castle. As he walked around singing abra capocus and hocus cadabra ,the vampire bat chasing him would turn half human half bat and get crushed with a paving stone that he was trying to brain bugs with.

I remember going to the drive in to see 'star wars' the first movie was 'corvette summer'.

I remember mocassin boots.

How about the tic tac toe game that you'd throw bean bags at ?

Reading the book 1984 before 1984.

triomino's they were like dominos but new and improved !

OJ Simpson the runningback, not b grade movie star, certainly not murderer.

I had an '81 trans am(with t-tops).

Remember the birth of american hardcore ?

Tv show's like 'the greatest American hero'.

good times
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayster View Post

Yeah..My wife.. Morgan Fairchild, yeah! THAT'S the ticket!!

Oh yeah.. You mentioned Toss Across

Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• I kid you not, I remember watching 2001: A Space Odessy and thinking "yea right, we'll never see that year roll around." Then they came out with "2010" and I'll be damned, we might just make it!
                        "POOP"

Comment

We ALL had one and we ALL got in trouble with one!
                          Yep, we had metal ones like this, used to go up to the army firing range and pick the .303 slugs out of the backstops to shoot in the catapult. (Duh, were we clever, or what?)
                          Then one day someone turned up with a Black Widow, wrist support, ultra high-power etc, and that was that, the arms race began, and they were no longer innocent kids' cattys, they became "Offensive Weapons", the police would nick you for carrying one.

Same with Crossbows........good old fashioned fun ruined by the march of technology!
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

• OK, fess up. How many Jiffy Pops did you burn up just watching the tin container expand?
                            "POOP"

Comment

• The Honeymooners
                              The Odd Couple
                              Hogan's Heroes
                              Get Smart
                              F-Troop (O'Rourke Enterprises-lol)
                              Sgt. Bilko
                              i Dream of Jeannie
                              The Munsters
                              Uncle Miltie

there were many other shows but none as good as the above.
                              Saturday Night Live was unbeatable for Comedy and Music Acts when it first came out. You could find magic no farther than your living room or backyard. No electronic gadgets were required whatsoever. In fact , the only cool electronic game I loved was my "Electro Shot Shooting Gallery".
                              The only video game I ever played was Intellivision Hockey, Football and Baseball
                              after bong sessions. It didn't last long. The world was too much fun and hanging with your friends took precedent over everything else. Bikes,skateboards, heavy artillery(fireworks),girls,heavy artillery,hijinx,fun trouble, heavy artillery were the staples in daily life occurrence. "It's a shame youth is wasted on the young"(WC Fields)
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• I rest my case

Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X