No announcement yet.

Wouldn't Trade My Childhood For Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg fights were great. We'd park two cars within a couple of feet of each other. Borrow your girlfriend's bra, tie each side to a door handle, load cups with eggs, then launch! Big tittied girls were always welcomed to egg fights!
    "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post
      And we didn't even THINK about calling the cops on our parents, let alone say it.
      Same for running away! I remember telling my mom that I was going to leave home. She said "fine, I'll help ya pack!" She went into my bedroom, loaded up my backpack with some socks, underware, and a couple of shirts. She walked me to the front door and told me to hit the road! About ten steps from the house, she said "when you reach the corner of East Washington and Martha Lane, I'll call the police and let them haul your ass off to juvenile court!"

That was my last attempt at a bluff!
      "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        Same for running away! I remember telling my mom that I was going to leave home. She said "fine, I'll help ya pack!" She went into my bedroom, loaded up my backpack with some socks, underware, and a couple of shirts. She walked me to the front door and told me to hit the road! About ten steps from the house, she said "when you reach the corner of East Washington and Martha Lane, I'll call the police and let them haul your ass off to juvenile court!"

That was my last attempt at a bluff!

Tried that once myself - ONLY once.
        You nailed the scenario perfectly - you sure we didn't have the same parents?
        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
        --horns666 - 12/29/08
        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Someone mentioned early, there was no such thing as "back talk." If you cherished your teeth, you said yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am. The word "why" could also get you into a world of shit! "Cuttin your eyes" was another serious offense. I can remember several times getting my marbles scrambled!

Young people today would consider this kind of stuff child abuse.
          more like a lot of grown ups with little verbal skills and low IQ who in a big embarrassment couldn't do anything else but to beat little children who outwitted them.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            more like a lot of grown ups with little verbal skills and low IQ who in a big embarrassment couldn't do anything else but to beat little children who outwitted them.
            Yeah you're right. Look at how much better behaved the youth of today are compared to back in the day. Madz verbal skillzzz are wotking out great, huh?:ROTF:
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Yeah you're right. Look at how much better behaved the youth of today are compared to back in the day. Madz verbal skillzzz are wotking out great, huh?:ROTF:
              Yeah, really. Half the little shits out there today need their ass beat.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                Wrong dude, it was all about respect.

How many of you remember acting up down the road as a kid and a neighbor beat your ass? Then, you didn't dare tell your folks because that would earn another ass-whoopin'. Then, two weeks later, the neighbor mentions it to your folks and you STILL got another ass-whoopin'!

If more kids today learned proper respect, the world would be a much better place.
                You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• OK guys, let's not beat up on the younger members too much! We've got some great young people on the forums and even though we're RIGHT, just remember, they may be spooning apple sauce to us in the nursing home!
                  "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Yeah, really. Half the little shits out there today need their ass beat.
                    +1
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

OK guys, let's not beat up on the younger members too much! We've got some great young people on the forums and even though we're RIGHT, just remember, they may be spooning apple sauce to us in the nursing home!
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post

How many of you remember acting up down the road as a kid and a neighbor beat your ass? Then, you didn't dare tell your folks because that would earn another ass-whoopin'. Then, two weeks later, the neighbor mentions it to your folks and you STILL got another ass-whoopin'!

If more kids today learned proper respect, the world would be a much better place.
                        Yep. Got several ass-whoopins for the same offense!

Remember when penny candy was actually penny candy? Shits 10 cents now LOL.

Comment

OK guys, let's not beat up on the younger members too much! We've got some great young people on the forums and even though we're RIGHT, just remember, they may be spooning apple sauce to us in the nursing home!
                          And changing our diapers!
                          Hell, I think I'll start wearing Depends now when I go out, so I won't have to get off my bar stool. :idea: :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats precisely why I didn't get over zealous - just pointed out how it is/was.

Another crazy thing that happens alot today is that the kids "tell" their folks what they want for dinner - and sometimes the parents make different meals for each kid because "he's a picky eater". That would NEVER happen in our day. I had a choice to make - either eat what was put on the table, or be hungry until the next day. Anyone else?
                            --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                              Remember when penny candy was actually penny candy? Shits 10 cents now LOL.
                              I remember it only too well.
                              Remember when going to the store to buy penny candy was a big event.
                              God, I miss those simple times.
                              --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                              --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                                what skillzz?

a lot of talkin' was done with hands, because of that many grew up with little skills in verbal communication but due the new laws they can't use hands... so they can't use hands or their mouth or brain, leaving their kids alone with internet communication.

Originally posted by joelayres View Post

respect must be earned, just because you are bigger, stronger doesn't mean you get the red carpets rolling for you.

giving a lesson/punishment is good but in Mark's example where in case you say anything but "yes sir" and get a beating is a stone age mentality.

if the kid fucks up, he/she gets a lesson... good... but when it comes to communication, you should be teaching a kid, making him embarrassed for his/her wrongdoings, but if your only tool is making pain, then often the kid doesn't know why he got all the bruises, big chance that he/she grows up to be a someone who people rather shoot than keep in a society.

there's a reason why "physical education" is illegal, if it would have worked so perfectly well no one wouldn't have made those laws.

I understand the "traditionalist" mentality, but don't you remember that when you were a kid then the older ones used to say "what's wrong with the kids today, back in my day things were much better"
                                this is a never ending circle.
                                There always be lazy people, there always have been violent crimes etc.
                                The society is changing due the advancing technology as is the awareness of many things.
                                But the human nature doesn't change... ever!

I'm happy that we don't live in the middle ages, when there was no childhood at all. Kids didn't get a special treatment. They were treated as adults... and the way overall society worked was very brutal back then. When the times started to change the traditionalists called the new ways blasphemy. It was unthinkable for many that a 7 year old kid shouldn't do a 14 hour work every day.
                                Now looking back, who wants to grow up in that era?
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X